Re: Would this be a good idea?

  • Daniel Flanigan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      I decided to upload a few one shot samples from my ob-12. All but one
      of these patches are mine. As for sound, I love the ob-12. It is
      diffrent - very smooth sounding. Like the oberheims of the past, I
      believe it does a great job at capturing the "oberheimish" brass
      sounding filters of the past. The samples are in mp3 format sampled
      at note c2 with full velocity. Unfortunatly, my Ob-12 has made me
      late to work -- pictures will follow when I get a chance to take them.
    • Daniel Flanigan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
        Ok, I have uploaded a few photos in the album Der_Jaeger01. Sorry
        about the quality on some - I had to take them quickly.
        --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Flanigan"
        <der_jaeger01@y...> wrote:
        > I decided to upload a few one shot samples from my ob-12. All but
        one
        > of these patches are mine. As for sound, I love the ob-12. It is
        > diffrent - very smooth sounding. Like the oberheims of the past, I
        > believe it does a great job at capturing the "oberheimish" brass
        > sounding filters of the past. The samples are in mp3 format sampled
        > at note c2 with full velocity. Unfortunatly, my Ob-12 has made me
        > late to work -- pictures will follow when I get a chance to take
        them.
      • Andreas Viklund
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 8, 2003
          So it is done... The OB-12 arrived yesterday. It is always
          interesting to buy something that you really don't need. I traded it
          for my Pulsar 2 soundcard, which has only been a pain for my
          inspiration. Or, to be correct, lack of inspiration.

          I traded the card away, and I had no expectations at all. I've tried
          an OB-12 before, for a few minutes only, so I didn't really know
          anything. But here it is, and I must say that I like it. I like it a
          lot... It has a very unique sound character, way different from my
          other virtual analog synths (virus indigo, novation k-station and
          yamaha an1x). I like the sound, and I like the looks. Man, what a
          beauty it is! I've made a few patches already, with that "typical
          trance sound" that you hear from all the big names. I like that
          sound, the unison/detuned supersaw megareverb thingy. I'll post it
          later on.

          Thanks for your help. Now, I didn't expect anything. This will be
          fun... =)

          --Andreas of Lagoona
          www.lagoonamusic.com