RE: [FriendsofOB12] OB12 Rhodes / Wurlitzer

  • Ron West
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2003
      >The QS6 has rammed home just how restricted the OB12 is, but also how good
      >it is at what it does.

      the qs6 is a rompler and the ob12 uses subtractive synthesis. please tell us
      that you're not comparing the 2 and that you do know what the difference is!

      :)

      Ron

      Up, down, turn around
      Please don't let me hit the ground

      *********************************
      The B12 Collective:
      http://ronwestb12.com
      aim: ronwestb12

    • Jez
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2003
        I've recently bought an Alesis Quadrasynth QS6. £150/$250

        It has 30 pianner presets, and they all sound more pianner-like than
        anything I've come up with on my OB12.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2003
          Create a Duel Triangle Wave patch 12 Semitones apart.
          Turn on unison and set unison Coarse depth to 12 semitones, and then you got
          all the organ harmonics (1 2 4 8 16), Play with Osc 1/2 Balance, as well as
          Ring Mod depth (about 0-20%). Turn on LO Pass filter 1 and Band Pass
          Filter 2 in Parralell, Bake band pass filter +19 relative to filter 1 at a
          bout 50/50 ratio.

          Try Triange LFO to AMP PAN for rotary speaker effect. And Add a toutch
          of overdrive for that vintage effect.

          For Organ Clicks Set amp EG ADSR 0-0-100-0, and set filter EG ADSR
          0-4-0-20 Depth +30, Ply with KB Tracking, I recomend about +12 and cutoff
          at 80.

          Try Moderately fast LFO 1 Triangle With a long delay/fade time on Oscilator
          2 with +12 depth for those sustained chords with vibrato

          ---