King Park Bake Sale coming soon!

  • jeanine_strickland
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      Great news! The mural project on the retaining wall at King Park is underway and set to be completed by Earth Day. The Friends of King Park is using grant funding for the mural materials and Bay Friendly landscaping, but we still need to raise about $3000 to meet our financial committments.

      Three fundraisers are planned, and we need volunteers to help! I will send follow-up emails to organize specific tasks for each event. For now, mark your calendars...

      Valentines Bake Sale fundraiser - Friday Feb 12th (1:00-4:00) We will people to distribute fliers, need bakers, childcare, & booth attendants. Please let me know if you can help with any or all of the above.

      Carlotta Ave Street Fair - Mid-March (rummage sale, art sale, silent auction or raffle, kids events, food?, music?)

      King Park family fun day - Mid-April (kid's activities, food, bocce games, "unveiling of the mural"

      Also, we are preparing a solicitation letter for businesses and individuals likely to make a non-profit donation, as well as an informational brochure about the project. If you have contacts at local businesses or preschools, please let me know.

      Instead of replying to the group, please reply to my personal email address this week, if you can help with the bake sale in any way: jeanine_strickland@...