Welcome et choses

  • Chris Starace
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2000
      Dear Jason, Jeff, Shari, Colleen, Rob, and Peter,
      I'm glad to see you all have joined the list! Our number is up
      to 10 so encourage others to join. I found another list server which
      you may want to join. It is sponsored by the University of Laval in
      Canada. It has about 200 members who are mostly Beninese Expats from
      what I gather. If you join, expect to get about 5-10 E-mails a day
      because it is a pretty active group or you can select in the options
      section to have a daily digest sent to you. I think it's a good way
      to keep up on my French and talk to some Beninois. They talk about
      news events in Benin, networking, etc. The URL is:
      http://hermes.ulaval.ca/listserv/archives/benin.html.

      One thing I think would be interesting is for members of FOB
      listserve is to put in their member profile their post, program and
      years of service. It would be cool to talk to someone who lived in
      my site say 20 years ago....

      Anyone feel free to jump in and start discussions about anything!

      Chris
      SBD Allada 95-97
    • snyders_w@bls.gov
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
        Hi everyone. This is Bembereke Bill sending my greetings from our
        nation's capitol. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. This
        group list thing is cool; it will be great for keeping in touch with
        one another. Just to let you know, some of us Benin RPCVS in DC are
        going to endulge ourselves tonight to an African happy hour @ one of
        our favorite hangouts by the name of "Songhai." Can't wait to throw
        back a few cold Star beers. (grin)

        Signing off for now. Peace.

        William Snyders
        Bembereke, BENIN 1995-1997