Books in Benin

  • katherinehring
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8 7:44 AM
      Hello all,

      I'm going to be an English teacher in Benin, and I was wondering if
      there are any books that previous TEFL volunteers recommend that I
      bring. I hear there's not much in country. Also, in terms of books
      to read for pleasure - what sorts of books have previous volunteers
      left behind?

      Katherine Nehring
      staging in August
    • spencerj71
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8 8:51 AM
        Katherine,

        There is a pretty good collection of fiction (and some non-
        fiction...mostly popular stuff) at the Peace Corps office in Cotonou,
        as well as the work stations around the country...at least there was
        when I was there. I'm sure any contributions you decide to bring
        would be welcomed.

        As for English teaching books, I couldn't say as I taught math. I
        expect Peace Corps will provide you with some and there is a decent
        book store for such stuff in Cotonou, but maybe its not good for
        TEFL...don't know.

        Good luck.

        Spencer
        Benin '96-'98