Fw: NPCA Conference in Chicago - COS Activities

  • Chris Starace
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2004
      Hey Everyone- the NPCA conference is in Chicago this August. If you're intrested in going, think about organizing a COS reunion while you're there. Info is below.

      Chris

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 23, 2004
        FYI
        This is just another reminder. As the NPCA Conference nears, we are hoping to have as many COS groups as possible participate in the activities. In particular, we hope that each COS group will organize:

[...]

        Finally, as the activities for your COS group are planned, please send the information to me so that I can have it put on the conference website. You may visit the conference website at: www.burnisongroup.com/rpcv/CountryofServiceEvents.html to see the format for that information.

        Many thanks,

        Virginia DeLancey

      • Brian Reublinger
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2004
          Hi Chris,

          I'm comfussed by this letter. If I remember right,
          COS stands for Close Of Service. Which we all were
          back in back in Benin before we left country. So why
          are they sending this letter to us? FOB is an
          organization for RPCV's not COSer's. COSer's will
          become RPCV's when they leave the Peace Corps. Or, do
          I have this wrong? That FOB needs to organize a
          meeting place in Chicago for COSer's? Please help to
          explain this.

          Thanks,
          Brian

          > This is just another reminder. As the NPCA
          > Conference nears, we are hoping to have as many COS
          > groups as possible participate in the activities.
          > In particular, we hope that each COS group will
          > organize:
          >

          > 1. A dinner on Friday night at a restaurant of
          > their choice or at a catered location;
          >
          > 2. A COS update session on Saturday afternoon
          > from 3:00-5:00 P.M. We are anticipating that this
          > will take place for all COS groups at DePaul
          > University, and we are just awaiting confirmation of
          > the location;
          >
          > 3. Participation in the flag ceremony on Sunday
          > morning at 8 a.m.
          >

          > In order to do this, it is important to select as
          > soon as possible someone from your COS group to head
          > up an organization team. I have also sent messages
          > to our local CAPCA organization to ask for local
          > assistance for as many COS groups as possible.
          >

          > If you have not yet selected a conference
          > organizer, I hope that you will do so as soon as
          > possible and discuss with that person the type of
          > activities you would like to have them organize for
          > the above three time periods during the conference.
          > Please also forward to me the contact information
          > for that person.
          >

          > Finally, as the activities for your COS group are
          > planned, please send the information to me so that I
          > can have it put on the conference website. You may
          > visit the conference website at:

          www.burnisongroup.com/rpcv/CountryofServiceEvents.html
          > to see the format for that information.
          >

          > Many thanks,
          >
          > Virginia DeLancey

          > Virginia DeLancey

          > to this list, send a e-mail to: groups@...
          > including your name, affiliate group and officer
          > title. Or sign up online by selecting the listserv
          > option under the affiliate groups section of the
          > NPCA website. To post to this list, send a message
          > to: groupleaders@.... Replies go to the
          > sender. Always sign your name and give a contact
          > e-mail address. To learn more about benefits of
          > National Peace Corps Membership, click
          > https://secure.schoolyard.com/rpcv/howtojoin.cfm.
          > You are currently subscribed to groupleaders as:
          > email to leave-groupleaders-3391U@...

          > removed]

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • Holly Dreier
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 10, 2004
            I think COS in this case means country of service.

            HMD

            One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � download MSN Toolbar now!