Getting Money to Benin

  • Jessica Duke or Scott Urbatsch
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2001
      Howdy folks -

      A mother of a recently returned PCV is interested in sending some
      money to Benin. She has a contact in Cotonou who can receive
      the money and will distribute it as requested.

      Do any of you have any recent experience with getting money to
      Benin? If yes, please let me know the details.

      Are any of you going to Benin anytime soon? If yes, would you be
      willing to carry money to Benin and get it to someone in Cotonou?

      Thanks.

      Jessica

      Jessica E.A. Duke or
      Scott M. Urbatsch
      dukeurb@...
    • Kea
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 18, 2001
        MoneyGram has worked perfectly every time. In my opinion it's better than
        Western Union. The only aspect of it that hasn't worked is that it says you
        get a "free" telephone call to someone at the destination to inform her or
        him of the reference number. This call is apparently not available for
        Benin. I've used email to inform the person.
        Good luck!
        Odabo!
        Kea Herron Benin PCV 75-78; training staff 81.

        A mother of a recently returned PCV is interested in sending some
        money to Benin. She has a contact in Cotonou who can receive
        the money and will distribute it as requested.

        Do any of you have any recent experience with getting money to
        Benin? If yes, please let me know the details.

        Are any of you going to Benin anytime soon? If yes, would you be
        willing to carry money to Benin and get it to someone in Cotonou?

        Thanks.

        Jessica

        Jessica E.A. Duke or
        Scott M. Urbatsch
        dukeurb@...

        To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist website, at
        www.onelist.com, and select the My ONElist link from the menu bar
        on the left.

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: FriendsofBenin@onelist.com
        Subscribe: FriendsofBenin-subscribe@onelist.com
        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.onelist.com/community/FriendsofBenin
        At this website you can:
        *Change your E-mail options
        *View member Profiles
        *View archives of any message ever sent on the list
        *Use our own Chat room
        *Post files
        *Choose other list servers, Etc.

      • andy danielson
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2001
          Greetings,

          Back in early harmattan of '97 my grandparents sent
          me money directly into my Ecobank account via a
          related bank here in the states. This was fairly easy
          for everybody and only took a few days. The trick is,
          you need to have the account number at Ecobank or
          whereever, and know a "sister" banking institution
          here in the states who'll transfer the money. I
          believe the charge to transfer was not too bad
          compared to Western Union. Good luck,
          andy danielson PCV(L)'97-00

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/