Finding HCN's for the PC Reunion in Sept. in DC

  • Chris Starace
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2001
      FYI---

      Dear Friends of Group,

      The Peace Corps 40th Anniversary is rapidly approaching and we are in high gear for the celebration on Sept. 20th - 23rd here in Washington, DC. There are many exciting events being planned.

      This year we are committed to inviting more host country nationals to
      participate in the celebration. My new 40th Anniversary intern Rihoko Ueno has begun work on a Host Country National Project to help identify and contact host country nationals for this celebration. We would like them to share their experiences with specific Peace Corps volunteers who influenced them either through education received or friendships developed.

      HOST COUNTY NATIONALS
      Host country nationals can be graduate students with plans to return to
      their countries to implement their knowledge and abilities, people working in embassies, the UN or other similar international agencies in the US, and permanent residents working on matters concerning their country. We are trying not to be associated with a "brain drain" so please choose folks who are still working for their country in some way.

      WE NEED YOUR HELP
      We need your help to find these people. We are asking every Friends of
      Organization to give us the contact information for host country nationals. If you taught or befriended a host country national and are still in touch with this person, we need their names, any contact information you have for them including phone, email, fax and street address, city, state, zip, what county they are from, and a two-sentence explanation of how you know this person. We will be following up with you after your submission.

      DEADLINE
      Please contact Rihoko by email at rihoko@... or phone at 202-293-7728 ext 20 by July 31st with the above information. Please help us make this celebration a very special one for both RPCVs and the host country nationals.

      Thanks for your time and cooperation and we look forward to seeing you in September.

      Cori Welbourn

      Check out my web site: Fon is Fun!... Really! http://www.geocities.com/fon_is_fun. Learn how to speak Fon, (a Language of Benin). Read essays & stories that I've written about being a Peace Corps Volunteer, see pictures that I took, browse books, music, links, and recipes, all related to Benin.