Community Graywater Workshop, April 16, 2005
- Friends of Temescal Creek invites you to:
10:00am to 4:30pm
Environmental Center (SRH), Merritt College, 12500 Campus Drive, Oakland, CA
Instructor: Cleo Woelfle-Erskine and
L. Bruce Douglas, PE
Enroll at the workshop. $15.
EMART 10 1/2 Unit, Class Code: M1368
Enroll online: www.peralta.cc.ca.us or call (510) 466-7368.
For more information, contact the Environmental Program (510) 434-3840 or
Where does your water come from..and go?
We will continue the installation of a graywater system begun in the fall
2004 workshop, using commonly available materials. You will learn about
ways to help the environment right in your own home: Reduce use of fresh
water needed for river and fish habitat. Safely water your garden with
water you've washed with. Decrease wildfire risk in your landscaping.
* Line 54M from Fruitvale BART Station or anywhere along 35th Avenue
* From Highway 13 (Warren Freeway), exit Redwood Road (southbound) or Carson
St.(northbound),follow Merritt College signs up Redwood Road to Campus Dr.,
turn right and proceed to campus (on your left).
* From I-580 East take 35th Ave. exit and turn left onto 35th Ave. exit 35th
Ave. which become Redwood Road, follow directions as above.
On the Campus:
* The Environmental Center (Self Reliant House) is located at the north end
of parking lot E. Walk uphill along the gated, paved road. It is the house
just off the road on the left side, just past the gate