Election help for creeks in Oakland

  • Friends of Temescal Creek
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Creek Friends -
      Would you be so kind as to pass this message on .
      Thank you, Annette

      On Mar 2 we will be asked to vote for the City Council At-Large position for
      Oakland. Henry Chang is running for re-election. Mr Chang has been a strong
      opponent of the Oakland Creek Ordinance. He has held a series of Commission
      meetings to "review" the ordinance to facilitate development in the hills,
      and has proposed moving responsibility for the ordinance from the
      Environmental Department to the Planning Department. His actions has made it
      very difficult for the Environmental Department to enforce the ordinance.
      Please consider this when you go to the polls on Tuesday.
      Annette Thompson
      Oakland Advocates for Creeks and
      Golden West Women Flyfishers

      Annette M. Thompson