Affordable Course: INTRO TO GREEN BUILDING & ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN
- INTRODUCTION TO GREEN BUILDING & ECOLOGICAL DESIGN Fall, 2007
+++++HANDS ON COURSE:+++++
ENVMT 020 3 Units, Class Code: M1012
Thursdays, 6:30 - 9:30 PM: September 13 through October 25.
Saturdays, 9:00AM - 3:30PM: (w/lunch break) September 15, 29, & October
Sunday, 11:00AM - 5:30 PM: October 7.
Enroll online: www.peralta.cc.ca.us or call (510) 466-7368.
For more information, contact the Environmental Program at (510)
434-3840 or ecomerritt@... <mailto:ecomerritt@...>
Environmental Center (SRH), Merritt College, 12500 Campus Drive,
Oakland, CA 94619
+++++Where do you find out what you need to know?++++
The basics about: conservation, sustainable & healty materials, solar
energy, siting, building envelope, LEED ratings, interior finishes, and
Hands-on projects & Field trips geared for home and commercial green
No prior knowledge required, enthusiasm recommended.
* Line 54M from Fruitvale BART Station or anywhere along 35th Avenue
* From Highway 13 (Warren Freeway), southbound, exit Redwood Road, (or
northbound, exit Carson St.), follow Merritt College signs up Redwood
Road to Campus Dr., turn right and proceed to campus (on your left).
* From I-580 East take 35th Ave. exit and turn left onto 35th Ave.
which becomes Redwood Road, follow directions as above.
On the Campus:
* The Environmental Center (Self Reliant House) is located at the north
end of parking lot E. Walk uphill along the gated, paved road. It is the
yellow house just off the road on the left side, 200 feet past the gate.