Thursday, February 26, Third Biennial Meeting of Bay Area Creek and Watershed Groups
- Following is an announcement of an upcoming meeting. Apologies for double
Third Biennial Meeting of Bay Area Creek and Watershed Groups
Thursday, February 26
North Berkeley Senior Center, 1901 Hearst Ave. (at Martin Luther King Jr.
Sponsored by Aquatic Outreach Institute, East Bay Watershed Center, Friends
of Baxter Creek, Friends of Five Creeks, SPAWNERS, Urban Creeks Council
Thanks to Peets Coffee, Semifreddi's Bakery, and Monterey Market for
6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Poster session, snacks, socializing and networking.
· Bring posters and handouts to let us know what you are doing!
· Meet creek activists from around the Bay Area!
· Celebrate achievements, confront challenges, share ideas!
7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Panel discussion:
Restoration Realities in the Bay Area
Defining, assessing, and achieving your goals
· Leo O'Brian, WaterKeepers Northern California: Urban Runoff and
the Bay: What can we do?
· Gordon Becker, Center for Ecosystem Management And Restoration
(CEMAR): Restoring Fish in Urban Streams - What are the target species?
· Susan Schwartz, Friends of Five Creeks: Urban Realities,
Challenges and Compromises
· Sharon Farrell, Aquatic Outreach Institute: Developing Community
8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Questions and group discussion, facilitated by Drew
Goetting, Restoration Design Group and Waterways Restoration Institute
The meeting is free, but please pre-register and let us know whether you're
bringing a poster. Contact Mary Malko, AOI, 510 231-9430,
*From I-880/580, take University Avenue east to MLK, then north two blocks
to Hearst. From Berkeley BART, walk north on Shattuck to Hearst, then west
to MLK, about 7 blocks.