In last 7 days
- New Members
- New Messages
- New Photos
Kenosha leads the worldwide renaissance of urban electric railways. The City's PCC streetcars in historic livery include:
• 4606 (Chicago Surface Lines 'Green Hornet')
• 4609 (Pittsburgh Railways Company)
• 4610 (Toronto Transit Commission 'Red Rocket')
• 4615 (Johnstown Traction Company)
• 4616 (Cincinnati Street Railway)
• 4617 (San Francisco Municipal Railway)
Kenosha's top tourist attractions ply the scenic two-mile route from the Joseph McCarthy Transit Center, serving the Metra Station,
Pearl Street Historic District,
Reuther Central High School,
Dinosaur Discovery Museum,
Civic Center Historic District,
Kenosha County Courthouse and Administration Building,
Thge Sheridan Road "Golden Mile",
Central Post Office,
Downtown shopping districts,
The 1927 Rhode Opera House
Kenosha Public Museum,
Civil War Museum and Fountain,
La Place de Douai,
Christopher Columbus Fountain,
Lake Michigan shoreline playgrounds and views of the 1866 Southport Lighthouse,
1906 Coast Guard Pierhead Light and Lake Michigan.
Schedule: (262) 653-4287.
It's about creating a magnet for more apartments, condos, retail and high-tech — doing what progressive cities already have done to lure the next generation of young entrepreneurs, workers and hipsters to their downtowns.
- Streetcars, Trolleys, and Trams
- Feb 6, 2002
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.
Group Email Addresses