An Organized Shopping List Makes All the Difference

  • plantldy98@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2008
      Dear Publishers,

      publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
      link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters. Please do
      not make changes without permission. A courtesy copy of the publication this
      article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is
      _Plantldy98@..._ (mailto:Plantldy98@...)

      An Organized Shopping List Makes All the Difference
      By Monica Resinger
      _http://homemakersjournal.com_ (http://homemakersjournal.com)

      Making and using a grocery list will help you buy only necessities and/or
      sale items so will help you save money. It will also get you out of the store
      quicker as long as the list is organized.

      An unorganized grocery list can actually keep you in the store longer;
      here's an example: I used to make my grocery list by writing the first item at the
      top of the list and working my way down in no particular order. At the
      store, I'd be in a particular area, read my list over in a hurry and miss one or
      two items in that section. I would then have to run back to that section later
      when I noticed I missed items. Every time I went shopping I'd spend a good
      part of the time running back to a particular section to pick up something I
      missed. I decided there had to be a better way.

      What I came up with is a pre-printed sectioned list made on my computer. The
      list has headings for each section of the grocery store such as 'produce',
      'meats', 'breakfast foods', etc., just like you'd see in a coupon organizer.
      Now, as I'm making my list, I just go to the section on the pre-printed list
      and write in the item. Then, when I'm grocery shopping and in a certain area, I
      can see at a glance ALL the items needed in that section. Another benefit is
      that it's very easy to search for coupons since the list headings match the
      coupon headings.

      I made this list by opening up a new document in my Wordpad program; any
      word processing program will work. Then all I did was type in the following
      headings three across in a row, then four or five returns down to make the next
      row of three across. The returns provide space for to write in items later.
      These are the headings I used:

      PRODUCE
      BREAD/BAKERY
      CONDIMENTS
      BAKING SUPPLIES
      PACKAGED MEALS/SOUPS
      SNACKS/POP
      FROZEN VEG./JUICE
      FROZEN MEALS
      FROZEN TREATS
      MEAT
      BREAKFAST ITEMS
      CLEANERS
      PROCESSED MEAT
      PET FOOD
      TOILET PAPER/TOILETRIES
      MILK/DAIRY

      After the list was finished, I printed out a few to keep with my grocery ads
      in a binder. When I need more, I'll print more.

      I took my list shopping and found out, an organized shopping list does make
      all the difference.

      Monica is the founder Homemaker's Journal E-publications, the growing home
      of many fun and informative home and garden e-books, tip sheets, articles and
      more! _http://homemakersjournal.com/_ (http://homemakersjournal.com/)
      Get a FREE Slowcooker Recipe E-book when you subscribe to Monica's FREE
      e-zine for homemakers! To subscribe and receive instructions for picking up your
      FREE e-book, just send a blank e-mail to:
      _HomemakersJournal-subscribe@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:HomemakersJournal-subscribe@yahoogroups.com)
      Feel free to publish this article as long as the above bylines & this note
      are included; notification at _Plantldy98@..._ (mailto:Plantldy98@...)
      would be appreciated.

      48)

    • plantldy98@aol.com