Using 'Power' Words when Writing Articles

  • David McKenzie (Brisney)
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2002
      Feel free to use this article in your ezine and for posting at
      your website. Please include the resource box at the end of the
      article.

      Thankyou

      David McKenzie

      Using 'Power' Words when Writing Articles

      By David McKenzie

      Capturing the attention of your reader is paramount when
      writing free articles.

      You can make the greatest impact in capturing your readers'
      attention by having a good title.

      One of the ways to do this is by using what I call 'Power'
      words. By using these special words you can get the attention
      of your reader much more quickly and easily.

      But what are these 'Power' words that I am talking about?

      For me they are something that makes me read on. Makes me want
      to find out more. Makes me want to find out what's in it for me.

      Power words are exciting words that draw the reader in.

      For instance, the word powerful is a good power word. Exciting
      is another good power word.

      I have a list of power words I like to use from time to time to
      make the greatest impact I can with my articles. Here are a few
      of my power words from that list:

      Free
      Tips
      Methods
      Exclusive
      Fantastic
      Secrets
      Success
      New
      Techniques
      Opportunities

      How about some examples of using these power words in the
      titles of articles. Here are 3 examples:

      17 Free Home Gardening Tips

      An Exclusive Opportunity to Profit in Real Estate Developments

      New Techniques Revealed for Stock Market Success

      Do these titles grab your attention?

      They should do, because they use power words. In fact, each
      title uses 2 power words for maximum effect.

      One of the key objectives of an article writer is to get their
      article read by as many people as possible. The best way to do
      this is by having their articles featured in as many ezines and
      on as many web sites as possible.

      When ezine owners and web site owners scan for articles to
      feature they usually make an initial decision based on just the
      title of the article.

      By using power words you stand a much better chance of ezine
      owners and web site owners picking up your article. Then you
      can multiply many times over the number of people who will read
      your article.

      Resource Box
      David McKenzie is offering a Free Email Course
      "5 Secrets to Making Money Writing Free Articles"
      ==> http://www.brisney.com/how-to-write-free-articles.htm
      Click now for your FREE course!