5471Google disses Bill of Rights Day

  • Christopher Baker
    Dec 16, 2009
      Yesterday, 15 December, I went to Google and noticed a flag on the
      famous Google logo. "What is Google celebrating today?" I wondered.
      Sometimes, Google does celebrate some obscure things. This one had me
      baffled.

      The image is here:

      http://erictric.com/online/google-celebrates-l-l-zamenhofs-birthday

      Google chose to celebrate the 150th birthday of the man who had created
      Esperanto. If you don't even know what Esperanto is, I won't be
      surprised. Basically, it's a constructed language invented by one
      visionary to help bring about world peace. Historically and culturally,
      it's even less significant than the languages of Middle Earth or the
      Klingon language.

      My question to Google is simply: Who cares?

      How sad that Google chose to celebrate this instead of our nation's Bill
      of Rights.

      Chris Baker -- Austin, Texas
      Certified Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
      chris(at)chrisbaker(dot)net -- www.chrisbaker.net
      http://www.myspace.com/algernonsidney
      http://www.facebook.com/people/Chris_Baker/1271569620
      "When you stop growing, you start dying."
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic