Lessons About Tattoo Removal From A Practicing Dermatologist

  • Bree Levine
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2010
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bree Levine

      Article Title:
      Lessons About Tattoo Removal From A Practicing Dermatologist

      Article Description:
      My brother has been a dermatologist for about 20 years.
      During his time in practice, he has had his share of
      patients coming to him for advice about their tattoos.
      Unfortunately, they are not aware that this is a very
      time-consuming and expensive process and many of them
      ultimately leave stunned and shocked.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2010-03-08 10:00:00

      Written By: Bree Levine
      Copyright: 2010
      Contact Email: mailto:bree.levine@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Bree Levine, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bree-levine.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/l/tattoo-removal-dermatologist.shtml#get_code

      Lessons About Tattoo Removal From A Practicing Dermatologist
      Copyright (c) 2010 Bree Levine
      Nuviderm
      http://nuviderm.com/

      My brother has been a dermatologist for about 20 years. During
      his time in practice, he has had his share of patients coming to
      him for advice about their tattoos. Although he never shares the
      names of his patients because of confidentiality laws, he is able
      to relay many stories. Some of them are funny, some of them are
      outrageous and many of them are heartbreaking.

      However, as a dermatologist, the majority of his tattoo clients
      are seeking to have their tattoos removed. Unfortunately, they
      are not aware that this is a very time-consuming and expensive
      process and many of them ultimately leave stunned and shocked.

      Thankfully, my brother is an excellent dermatologist, with all of
      the credentials and certifications needed to perform the most
      sophisticated and state-of-the-art laser removal of tattoos. When
      he first entered his practice back in the late 1980s, he hadn't
      thought much about tattoo removal as a main part of his services.
      He was more interested in helping teenagers treat acne and
      encouraging patients to get skin cancer screenings.

      Now he is an advocate for tattoo education, trying to ensure that
      anyone who wants to get a tattoo is sure to have it done by
      someone who practices appropriate sterilization techniques.

      Unfortunately, many of my brother's patients want to remove
      tattoos that were botched from the beginning. Today's preferred
      way of removing unwanted tattoos is through a sophisticated laser
      tattoo removal process, which targets the ink and breaks it down
      into small particles that are harmlessly reabsorbed into the
      body.

      Depending on the sophistication of the design, the number, colors
      and intensity of inks used and the depth of the tattoo, the
      series of treatments may take a year or more before the tattoo is
      faded enough to declare success.

      Tattoos done by amateurs using lower quality inks may be removed
      in three or four sessions, but professional designs can take much
      longer. The length of each session varies, but consider spending
      about 15 minutes under the laser every two or three months until
      the tattoo has faded.

      The reason the treatments takes so long is to avoid permanent
      damage to the skin, so patience is a virtue if you want to have a
      tattoo removed.

      Until you have a consultation with the dermatologist, there is no
      way to tell how long the process will take, or how much it might
      cost. (My brother charges about $300 for a 15-minute session for
      a typical six-inch tattoo, as long as there aren't any
      complications.)

      The money and the time add up, and that's why my brother would
      prefer that young people consider all the drawbacks to a tattoo
      before they make that commitment.

      Many patients want to know if it is painful to have a tattoo
      removed. My brother says that there is a certain amount of
      discomfort involved which he compares to a series of bee stings.
      Some patients tolerate the procedure better than others do, and
      he does provide pain relief and topical anesthesia for those who
      are getting large areas of their body worked on.

      Most people want their body art removed because it is from an era
      where they thought it was hip or cool to sport a tattoo. Others
      want their ex-girlfriend's name removed or don't like the fact
      that the tattoos are visible when wearing certain articles of
      clothing.

      Moreover, there are many who feel the tattoo job was botched in
      the first place and it's time for it to be gone.

      Regardless of the reason you might want to remove your tattoo,
      make sure you select a qualified dermatologist who is skilled and
      experienced in the procedure and is trained to use the latest
      equipment. Ask for references and do check them. And make sure
      you know up front what the doctor's fee is going to be.

      It's expensive, but in many cases, you may be able to negotiate
      a deal. Good luck to you!

      If you have a tattoo that needs to be removed, you can
      spend 1000s on laser tattoo removal treatments, OR you can
      explore the Nuviderm Home Tattoo Removal System, which could
      remove your tattoo without emptying your wallet. Visit
      http://nuviderm.com/ today to learn more about the Nuviderm
      tattoo removal cream. Bree Levine is a full-time, freelance
      writer.

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/l/tattoo-removal-dermatologist.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bree Levine can be reached at:
      bree.levine@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:bree.levine@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at: