Re: Free-moN needs you at the 2012 NTS

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2012
      Hi, Paul.

      Chris is bringing several of my modules, including the 15' loop/staging yard. I wish I could make it, but my family is a little too young still to be able to swing this type of hall pass.

      -pk

    • paul.bender@acm.org
      Message 2 of 7 , May 20, 2012
        Hi Peter,

        On 12 May, Peter wrote:
        > Chris is bringing several of my modules, including the 15'
        > loop/staging yard. I wish I could make it, but my family is a little
        > too young still to be able to swing this type of hall pass.

        I understand the dilema... We have a 3 month old foster child in the
        house right now....

        All,

        The note from Peter above explains why we are having a strange problem
        at the NTS.

        We have plenty of modules, because people like Peter are allowing others
        to bring some or all of their modules, but we currently only have two
        confirmed operators for the layout (Chris and I).

        I know I can't expect Chris and I to run the layout for the entire 3
        days of the show (plus settup and tear down) without additional help.

        If anyone is able to help, by actually being at the show, pleae let me
        know ASAP. If you have modules you want to bring with you, let me know
        that as well.

        We need to make a decision soon about a) If just the two of us are
        willing to run the layout ourselves and b) what modules will be included
        in the layout. (In the case of b, the question is more what modules
        that have been offered for use do we want to leave out of the layout to
        make it manageable for the available staffing level).