The Mind of a Formula One Champion (from 'Endless Possibilities')

  • Craig Lock
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2008
      Article Title: The Mind of a Formula One Champion (from 'Endless Possibilities')
      Author Name: Craig Lock
      Category (key words): Motor racing, Grand Prix drivers, sport, success, achievement, mind, mind-power, motivation, champion, excellence
      Web Sites: http://www.myspace.com/writercraig and http://www.selfgrowth.com/experts/craig_lock.html
      Other Articles are available at: http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles.html
      (Personal growth, self help, writing, internet marketing, spiritual, 'spiritual writings' (how 'airey-fairey'), words of inspiration and money management, how boring now, craig!)

      Publishing Guidelines:
      We hope that the following article (some notes in point form extracted from one of Craig's first manuscripts on sport psychology 'The Winning Mind' *, together with some thoughts from a new "work", which he's currently writing titled 'Endless Possibilities') may be informative and helpful to your e-zine readers, or on your web site.
      This piece (as with all my writings) may be freely reproduced electronically or in print. If it helps others "out there" on the 'amazing journey of life', then
      we're very happy.

      "We share what we know, so that we all may grow."
      *
      INSIDE THE MIND OF A GRAND PRIX CHAMPION
      (FORMULA ONE DRIVER and/or MOTO GRAND PRIX RIDER)

      Submitter's Note:
      Craig is currently "working" on a new manuscript 'INSIDE THE MIND OF A GRAND PRIX CHAMPION, which forms part of true and inspirational stories of 'Endless Possibilities: Let the Journey Begin'.

      *
      What does it take to get to the very top...in sport and in life?

      Firstly and most importantly,

      # TALENT: Work on what you are good at and what makes you "special"... and everyone has a unique gift(s). (Thank goodness we are all different!)
      Ask yourself: "What comes easily to me?"

      # PASSION: It's a matter of loving what you do. You do it, even if there's no money, no recogniton and glory is/was involved.... initially.
      What motivates you, what presses your "hot buttons"

      "Do what you love... and the money will surely follow."

      # VISION: From an early age, these exceptional achievers had a dream, a mission for their lives.
      Many champions had a childhood dream, to be a fireman, a nurse, a writer...or even a racing driver!

      # CHARACTER: graft, dedication + commitment to sustain you on the long difficult journey to the very top of your field. No doubt the top racing driver has had to make many sacrifices, financial, emotional and in relationships, to achieve what they have done.

      # FOCUS and CLARITY OF PURPOSE: A single-minded pursuit of one's goal, steadily and persisently striving for the very "top of the tree"... even though it may take years and years.
      "The road to success is littered with failure."

      # WORK is a "four-letter word"! Putting in the "hard graft" takes a lot of effort and involves many sacrifices on the path to the very top..

      # CHALLENGE: Champions love a 'sense of challenge' - to overcome huge obstacles, Even from an early age they wanted to test themselves against others; so constantly challenge themselves (and their competitors). To achieve the "seemingly impossible" on the way to the very top.

      "Failure is only final, if it is permanently accepted as being so.
      Success means trying once again and picking yourself off the canvas."
      - craig

      # CONTROL:
      It's a "head game" in displaying your skills and abilities.
      that of:
      * power
      * precision
      * accuracy
      and
      self control.*

      # CONFIDENCE (unshakable)

      Which leads to...

      # The ability to handle PRESSURE: Self control and a strong mind.
      "I began to free myself from the mental brakes and shackles that restricted my thoughts."
      - Five time World champion Moto GP rider, Valentino Rossi on leaving the all-conquering Honda team for Yamaha

      # The ability to THINK POSITIVELY: to remain positive in spite of seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

      # This is sourced from ones sense of SELF BELIEF.

      # EGO: Grand Prix drivers have strong egos (often perceived as arrogance), being happy being "different" to us 'mere mortals'. They accept their individuality, being happy "just being themselves".

      # THE WILL TO WIN: Grand Prix drivers, like all top athletes are driven by an almost pathological need to succeed.
      Their confidence in their abilities is absolute. This is not necessarily arrogance; but a competitive edge... to be the very best at their chosen fields.

      "I don't want to live a balanced life, I just want to win." *
      - Mario Andretti (1978 Formula One World Champion)

      * or words to that effect

      "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
      - Vince Lombardi, Legendary Gree Bay Packer football coach
      ( I think US driver, Bobby Unser said much the same words).
      Which each of these elements above need to be present (in various dosages in drivers), these character traits are all inter-related. So ALL the 'ingredients' have to work in true harmony to reach the very top and so cultivate a true champion.

      And each ONE of us can all learn from these champion drivers*, like Ayrton Senna, Stirling Moss, Jim Clark, Michael Schumacher... and of course, Lewis Hamilton.

      Discover the champion of life in YOU!.

      Craig Lock ("Information and Inspiration Distributer + motor racing fanatic")

      * and great motor-cycle riders like Valentino Rossi

      "Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are
      made from something they have deep inside them -
      an inner flame that burns brightly...with purpose, desire and passion.
      True champions live the dream, the vision of who and what
      they can one day become.... even a long time before it happens."
      - craig

      P.S: To dearest dad, see the dream never died.

      About the submitter:
      Craig believes in helping others to find their
      passions and gifts... through encouraging people to reach out for,
      then accomplish their "wildest" dreams. He truly believes people can overcome obstacles, rise to any occasion, and accomplish
      their dreams, even 'Endless Possibilities' in life with enough FAITH and PERSISTENCE.
      http://www.selfgrowth.com/experts/craig_lock.html
      http://www.craiglockbooks.com

      The various books that "Craig felt inspired to write" are available at:
      http://www.myspace.com/writercraig
      http://www.webng.com/writernz/books.html www.lulu.com/craiglock +
      http://www.webng.com/leftfieldnz/overtherainbow.html

      "Our talents are our gifts from God...
      but what we do with our talents are our gifts TO God."

      "Only when you've been in the deepest valley can a person know what it's like to stand on the highest peak."
      - inspiring words from Richard Nixon, former United States President

      "Together, one mind, one life at a time, let's see how many people we can impact, encourage, empower, uplift and perhaps even inspire to reach their fullest potentials...and so become 'ever more champions of life'."

      THESE THOUGHTS MAY BE FREELY PUBLISHED
    • Craig Lock
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2008
[...]

        However, talent on its own is not sufficient. It has to be given guidance and channeled : in short, talent needs to be nurtured, encouraged and supported.

[...]

        If YOU set your heart on it, YOU too can became a champion !.

        Reach for the stars and discover the champion of life in YOU.