Why failure is good for you

  • Jimmy Roos
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
      You have permission to publish this article electronically
      or in print, provided the contents are not changed and the
      bylines are included. A courtesy copy of your publication
      would be appreciated.

      Why failure is good for you
      by Leonard J. Roos

      How do you view failure? Do you see it as something negative
      that you don't want to be associated with or do you see it
      as something positive? Most people in the world don't like
      failure.

      Fear of failure is the main reason why more than 80% of
      people in the world are not prepared to change their
      circumstances. Why do people fear failure so much? The
      reason for this is because people don't understand the
      dynamics involved in success and failure.

      Everything we do in life has either a right way of doing it
      and a wrong way of doing it. When we do it the right way we
      meet with success. Needless to say that when we do it the
      wrong way we are unsuccessful. Understanding this is
      important because it puts failure in its proper perspective
      and removes the fear around it.

      When someone who doesn't understand this dynamic meets with
      temporary failure he gives up thinking that he is not good
      enough or that he will never make it. But is this really
      what it is? Does the fact that you didn't make it the first
      time mean that you are not good enough? Does it mean that
      you'll never make it? Not at all! All it means is YOU HAVE
      NOT FOUND THE CORRECT METHOD YET!

      So what do you do next?
      a.. You go back and try and find out where you went wrong.
      b.. Then you try again but this time employing a different
      method.
      c.. When this doesn't work you go back and look at everything
      you have done so far.
      d.. Talk to successful people who have made it in this area.
      e.. Think of what you might have left out and try again.
      f.. Whatever you do, don't give up.
      Why do you need to do this?

      "Every failure, every adversity and every heartache, carries
      with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit", says
      author and mentor to many great men, Napoleon Hill.

      Failure contains the seed of victory and of success. Failure
      teaches you what works and what don't. When you study the
      reasons for your failure and learn from it, you'll find the
      key to your success.

      The great inventor Thomas Edison knew this truth better than
      anyone else. It took Edison 8000 trials before he perfected
      the Edison battery? Afterwards he uttered this famous quote:
      "At least we know 8000 things that don't work".

      You should also be like that. Every successful person has
      had to overcome temporary defeat at one time or another.
      Know this! You haven't really failed until you ACCEPT defeat.

      Do you envy those who got success easily? Don't! Success
      earned in spite of earlier failure is so much sweeter than
      if you would get it otherwise. Those who earn success in
      this way know the road to success. They are not afraid of
      losing what they have because they have learned how to
      become successful.

      Those who easily got success don't know the road. They got
      there so quickly that they didn't bother to look around. Let
      me use the following analogy to illustrate. Take two guys
      traveling to the same destination, with this difference. The
      one is going by airplane and the other by car, but the one
      arriving by car had a few breakdowns along the way.

      If you take these two guys back to their original position
      and ask them to find their way to their destination, who do
      you think is going to remember the road better the next
      time? Surely the guy who had a few breakdowns and spend some
      time on the road, because he had the opportunity to look
      around.

      Let temporary defeat no longer be an obstacle. You have many
      hidden talents, so start working towards realizing your
      dreams. Don't be put off by the fear of failure. Failure is
      an ally because it contains the seed of success.

      Leonard J. Roos is the author of How to Unlock the
      awesome power of the Universe. All of Leonard's writings are
      based on his own experiences. Visit http://www.successnow.info/
      now for more revealing insights! Mail to: info@...