Never Mix Business & Friendship

  • Terri Seymour
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2001
      Article Title: Never Mix Business & Friendship
      Author Name: Terri Seymour
      Contact Email Address: ter02@...
      Word Count: 480
      Category: E-Commerce
      Copyright Date: 7-31-01
      Internet Address (If Available):
      http://www.websuccesscentral.com/articles.html
      Autoresponder Address (If Available): mailto:mixbusiness@...
      Special Requirements For Reprint: May be freely printed as long as resource
      box and article are not changed in any
      way. Thank you.

      Never Mix Business & Friendship
      Copyright 2001 Terri Seymour

      I have heard it said on the net that you should not
      become friends with people whom you do business with.

      I say, "Why not?" Building personal relationships is
      the foundation of your business success.

      Because business should be business and there is no
      room for making friends and socializing. Friendship
      interferes with a business relationship by keeping
      people from making the right business choice for the
      sake of the friendship.

      I say, "No way!" Friends understand the business
      decisions you have to make because they sometimes have
      had to make the same ones. If they cannot, they are not
      a friend!

      I have been in the Internet marketing business for two
      years and have made numerous close friends and many
      casual friends. These relationships have helped me
      personally and professionally.

      Personally, I have had the pleasure of getting to know
      people from all over the world. Interesting people.
      Professionally, I have learned from all these people
      and some of them have become my customers. When you
      build this relationship, you also build trust and
      people will be more likely to buy from someone they
      trust.

      Treat everyone you meet with respect, courtesy and
      consideration. This will go a long way in building
      friendships and your business. Because in doing this,
      you are building yourself, your reputation and your
      character. If you appear aloof and rigid, you will
      be looked upon with skepticism and mistrust. This
      will do nothing for your business or reputation, but
      it will probably keep you from making any friends. If
      that is your goal, you will then do well.

      I have written several articles on how we should treat
      each other because I have seen some people be rude or
      even downright cruel to others for absolutely no reason.
      I guarantee a person with that kind of outlook and
      attitude will not get far in the business world or
      their personal life.

      When I first came online, I was amazed by how much
      people were willing to help others and how so many
      people built online friendships. It was one of the
      things that attracted me to this business.

      Places to start building these relationships:
      http://www.wahmpreneur.com/discus/
      http://www.webmasterworld.com/
      http://wahmservices.com/
      http://www.entrepreneursnetworkexchange.com/
      http://momsnetwork.com
      http://swap.at/TheSwapShop.com

      So if someone advises you not to mix friendship with
      business, think about the consequences of having such
      an opinion. And simply ask them, "Why not?"

      Terri Seymour helps people start or build their online
      business by providing resources, tools, guidance and
      more. You can contact her at mailto:ter02@...
      or visit http://www.websuccesscentral.com Subscribe to
      Web Success mailto:web-success-subscribe@egroups.com
      Download her new ebook loaded with updated resources,
      tips, links, and information.
      http://www.websuccesscentral.com/data/tipsws.exe