Goal Setting for a Successful Home Business

  • Ian Canaway
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Ian Canaway
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * Free-Reprint-Articles@yahoogroups.com
      *

      Article Title: Goal Setting for a Successful Home Business
      Article Author: Ian Canaway
      Article Copyright: 2004

      Article URL:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/c/goals4successful-home-biz.shtml

      Article Autoresponder:
      mailto:goals4successful-home-biz@...

      Author Contact Email:
      mailto:ihc1985@...

      Formatted to 65 Characters per Line
      Word Count: 628 words

      This article was written by Ian Canaway.

      The only role of http://thePhantomWriters.com and
      http://Article-Distribution.com is in the actual
      distribution of this article to you.

      At TPW, we are providing an additional free tool for
      webmasters who reprint the articles we distribute. If your
      software does not automatically hyperlink the URL's in your
      site copy, please use our Text-to-Hyperlink Conversion Tool
      to convert all URL's and Mailto addresses to the required
      hyperlinked format:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules

      This is a Free-Reprint article. The only requirements for
      publishing this article are:

      * You must leave the article and resource box unedited. You are
      not allowed to change our recommendations, nor are you allowed
      to change the context of the article.

      * You may not use this article in UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email).
      Email distribution of this article MUST be opt-in email only.

      * We ask that you forward a copy of the ezine or newsletter
      that contains the article inside to the author at:
      mailto:ihc1985@...

      * If you post this article on a website, you MUST set any URL's
      or Mailto addresses in the body of the article and most
      especially in the Author's Resource Box as hyperlinks. We
      request that you also send us a copy of the URL where you
      have posted this article.

      We are providing free Text-to-Hyperlink Conversion Tool for
      webmasters who need an easy way to convert the plain text in
      this article to hyperlinks where required, for the purpose of
      meeting our hyperlink requirements:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

      If you find any of the rules to be unsavory or unacceptable, please
      do not publish this article. While we are happy to make the content
      available to you for your own use, we must insist on having our rules
      and *Terms of Reprint* honored in full.

      Goal Setting for a Successful Home Business
      Copyright � 2004 Ian Canaway
      A Successful Home Business for You
      http://www.asuccesfullhomebusiness4u.com/

      The ability to set goals and effectively motivate yourself to
      achieve them are two essential skills that will help you achieve
      success in you home business.

      To try and start a business without goals could be compared to
      throwing a baseball pitch, blindfolded in the dark. What would
      be your chance of getting your pitch on target? Never mind
      getting a strike-out. Unless you are very lucky it is unlikely
      that you will have any success without properly setting out
      goals.

      If when you start your home business, in what ever field it
      maybe, if you have no goals and aim at nothing, is it not
      unlikely that you will hit nothing and achieve nothing?

      To set effective goals there are a few things you need to know
      about yourself which will affect how you set your goals. You are
      affected by, the environment in which you live, your experience
      and knowledge, your attitude and dreams and visions for the future.

      When you set your goals you need to decide what you want and
      when you want to achieve each goal. You should spend time
      writing down your goals and display them in a prominent
      position where you will see them daily to remind yourself to
      stay motivated and focused. Cross off your goals once they�ve
      been achieved, adding new ones to ensure your business keeps
      growing.

      "Don�t set your Goals to low. If you don�t need much,
      you won�t become much." -- Jim Rohn --

      I�m sure you will have come across the SMART analogy, with
      regards to goal setting. It contains the most important concepts
      to consider and adhere to when setting your goals.

      Goals should be: Specific, Measurable, Achievable,
      Realistic and Time related.

      For example it would be unwise to set a goal of making $10,000
      in a week. It�s just not a realistic goal for the average person
      unless you have a lot of experience and knowledge in your field
      or receive help from someone who has these attributes. When you
      failed to reach this goal your motivation would suffer and you
      would start doubting your decision to start your home business.

      Before you start setting your goals I want you to write a list
      of all the things you want; whether it is a new car, watch,
      house, to send your kids through college or a successful home
      business, write them all down and say why you want them. When
      I did this I had a list the length of my arm and I�m still
      working through it. By doing this it will help focus your mind
      and motivate yourself to succeed.

      Now set your goals, they need to be SMART and you need to set
      both short term and long term goals, and also daily goals. One
      of the best techniques I use is to set 6 goals before I go to
      bed for the next day and prioritise them so I know clearly in
      my mind what I have to do the next day.

      All successful people set goals and prioritise them in order of
      importance. Remember your time is your most important asset; you
      simply cannot afford to waste it.

      "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is
      not an act, but a habit." -- Aristotle �-

      When you are in business for yourself, you are the primary
      motivating factor, if your truly want your home business to
      succeed you will do whatever it takes to make it happen.

      By making goal setting a habit there is no reason why you cannot
      achieve excellence.

      (Feel free to use this article online and in your email
      newsletters as long as you leave it intact and do not alter it
      in anyway. The byline and resource must remain in the article.)

      Resource Box:
      Ian Canaway is a home business entrepreneur and invites you to
      check out his new home business blog. Full of inspirational and
      motivational advice, tips and solutions for a successful home
      based business. Check us out Now!

      http://www.asuccesfullhomebusiness4u.com/blogindex.html

      For more articles by this author, please visit:

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Ian_Canaway