Re: [FPYG] Civil War Century

  • Fellinicat
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 10, 2007
      Vicki & I will be doing a little "patrolling" of the route on Saturday - between distributing cue sheets/maps and going out for breakfast.  We'll put some emergency supplies in the van - in case you need to dial 1-800-CRAMP.  However - don't expect us to spend all day on the road - we'll be home long before y'all are.

      Bill Smith

      (Through early morning fog I see, visions of the things to be, the pains that are withheld for me, I realize and I can see...)

      In a message dated 09/10/07 17:16:18 Eastern Daylight Time, harry@... writes:
      Chuck,

      I'll be doing the metric again; cramps or no cramps.  This time I'm carrying my camel back.

      Harry

      Harry T. deMoll, Esq.
      Law Offices of Harry T. deMoll, LLC
      129 West Patrick Street, Unit #3
      Frederick, MD  21701
      Phone:  301-698-9714,  Fax:  301-698-9704
    • fellinimom@aol.com

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 11, 2007

          A final message from the organizers of CWC2007.

          First and foremost, Hugh MacIntosh is recovering from his serious injuries at our event. I know that many of you expressed your concern and requested information about his condition. The family has set-up the following website for information about Hugh and messages of hope for his return to good health.

          http://www.carepages.com/ServeCarePage?cpn=HughMacintoshMaryland&login=true&seed=688579&ClusterNodeID=jb05&tlcx1=wellspan

          The Lost and Found box was returned at the end of the event with two pairs of shoes: a Time yellow and red road pair, and a Specialized black and red mountain pair. There is also a pair of mesh cycling gloves and 2 pairs of sunglasses. Not exactly in the box is a Mavic wheel. Contact me with details and I will see if the items can be returned.

          Planning and executing an event of this magnitude was a satisfying experience. I can???t help but add that events like this run on the backs of the volunteers, and while your comments are appreciated, continued success requires more volunteers??? assistance. Next time, take a turn on the other side of the table and help the Baltimore Bicycling Club with our next event.

          Speaking of upcoming events in the Baltimore area, here???s another cycling opportunity.

          She Got Bike! A Festival of Women???s Cycling September 30, 2007 Oregon Ridge Park Pre-registration for She Got Bike! ends on Tuesday (9/25).  Don???t miss out on the biggest celebration of women???s cycling in the mid-Atlantic!  Great rides; fascinating lectures; fashion show, cool activities and more -- for only $22!!!!

          Help us spread the joy of cycling to all the women you know!

          IDEA:  get all the non-cyclists in your life on their bikes!  This is the perfect opportunity for all you guys to get your partners, sisters, mothers and ex-girlfriends riding their bikes instead of complaining about how much time you spend on yours!

          Register at http://www.shegotbike.com

          In a message dated 9/10/2007 5:27:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, fellinicat@aol. com writes:

[...]

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        • jeannine
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 11, 2007
            --- In FrederickPedalers@yahoogroups.com, fellinimom@... wrote:

            > Hi y'all
            >
            > I know the Clif Shot Bloks, Marguerita flavor, have salt. If you
            stop by a
            > bike shop this week, if might be a good thing to pick up for this
            weekend.
            > And as Bill said, bananas are also a good choice - I think the
            potassium
            > prevents the cramping. I'll try to remember to pick up a bunch to
            have on hand in
            > the morning....
            >
            > Vicki
            >

            > In a message dated 9/10/2007 5:27:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            > fellinicat@... writes:
            >

            > Vicki & I will be doing a little "patrolling" of the route on
            Saturday -
            > between distributing cue sheets/maps and going out for breakfast.
            We'll put
            > some emergency supplies in the van - in case you need to dial
            1-800-CRAMP.
            > However - don't expect us to spend all day on the road - we'll be
            home long
            > before y'all are.
            >

            > Bill Smith
            > (Through early morning fog I see, visions of the things to be, the
            pains
            > that are withheld for me, I realize and I can see...)
            >
            > In a message dated 09/10/07 17:16:18 Eastern Daylight Time,
            > harry@frederick-In a message da
            >

            > Chuck,
            >
            > I'll be doing the metric again; cramps or no cramps. This time I'm
            carrying
            > my camel back.
            >
            > Harry
            >
            > Harry T. deMoll, Esq.
            > Law Offices of Harry T. deMoll, LLC
            > 129 West Patrick Street, Unit #3
            > Frederick, MD 21701
            > Phone: 301-698-9714, Fax: 301-698-9704
            >
            > Since I haven't been riding as much as would like, I suppose I'll be
            doing the Lonely 25 route. And carrying potatoes and raisins.

            I've been looking into this a lot lately and I've found that
            one baked potato 1081mg potassium
            one cup raisins 1089mg
            one cup banana 594mg

            http://www.aol.com

          • jeannine
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 11, 2007
              --- In FrederickPedalers@yahoogroups.com, "jeannine" <zen.rider@...>
              wrote: the phantom entry was from me. i'm still finding this message
              display and reply options a bit odd.
              On an entirely different subject, I believe Routeslip is down and
              possibly abandoned by it's creator. I use MapMyRide.

              > --- In FrederickPedalers@yahoogroups.com, fellinimom@ wrote:
              > >

              > > Hi y'all
              > >
              > > I know the Clif Shot Bloks, Marguerita flavor, have salt. If you
              > stop by a
              > > bike shop this week, if might be a good thing to pick up for this
              > weekend.
              > > And as Bill said, bananas are also a good choice - I think the
              > potassium
              > > prevents the cramping. I'll try to remember to pick up a bunch to
              > have on hand in
              > > the morning....
              > >
              > > Vicki
              > >

              > > In a message dated 9/10/2007 5:27:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              > > fellinicat@ writes:
              > >

              > > Vicki & I will be doing a little "patrolling" of the route on
              > Saturday -
              > > between distributing cue sheets/maps and going out for breakfast.
              > We'll put
              > > some emergency supplies in the van - in case you need to dial
              > 1-800-CRAMP.
              > > However - don't expect us to spend all day on the road - we'll be
              > home long
              > > before y'all are.
              > >

              > > Bill Smith
              > > (Through early morning fog I see, visions of the things to be, the
              > pains
              > > that are withheld for me, I realize and I can see...)
              > >
              > > In a message dated 09/10/07 17:16:18 Eastern Daylight Time,
              > > harry@frederick-In a message da
              > >

              > > Chuck,
              > >
              > > I'll be doing the metric again; cramps or no cramps. This time I'm
              > carrying
              > > my camel back.
              > >
              > > Harry
              > >
              > > Harry T. deMoll, Esq.
              > > Law Offices of Harry T. deMoll, LLC
              > > 129 West Patrick Street, Unit #3
              > > Frederick, MD 21701
              > > Phone: 301-698-9714, Fax: 301-698-9704
              > >
              > > Since I haven't been riding as much as would like, I suppose I'll be
              > doing the Lonely 25 route. And carrying potatoes and raisins.
              >
              > I've been looking into this a lot lately and I've found that
              > one baked potato 1081mg potassium
              > one cup raisins 1089mg
              > one cup banana 594mg

              > http://www.aol.com

            • Mike Procario
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 12, 2007
                I logged into routeslip.com successfully last night, but I have heard that the creator had stopped supporting it.  I have used MapMyRide several times.   It lacks the feature of calculating the total climbing done of routeslip.com, but it has some other nice features like bigger maps.

                Mike

                --
                Mike

                "Another casualty of applied metaphysics" --Hobbes