Re: [FPYG] Re: Ride to High Rock on Monday

  • Isaac Miedzinski
    Message 1 of 24 , May 28, 2012
    Few pictures from today's ride to High Rock ride, Monday 28

    Message 2 of 24 , May 28, 2012
      Looks like a good many showed for the ride!
      I opened my eyes at 6:30 this morning or I would have been on that one.

      Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 5:30 PM
      Subject: Re: [FPYG] Re: Ride to High Rock on Monday [2 Attachments]

      Message 3 of 24 , May 28, 2012
        Isaac, Martha, Doug, Jeff and I met at Monocacy Middle School at 7:00 am.  Joan and Serge joined us on Opossumtown.  We scooped up two Daves and a Brian at Utica Park.  We climbed Catoctin Hollow to Fox Tower.  We met Joe on Stottlemeyer.  Eleven of us proceeded to High Rock.  Minor glitch as supposed ride "leader" takes a wrong turn and has to climb back up the mountain.  Had a very nice descent down route 550 into Thurmont and back to Frederick.

        Thanks to all for coming out.  Great ride.

        Laura

        Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 5:30 PM

        Message 4 of 24 , May 28, 2012

          this original message never came to us... I would have gone if I had known..

          argh!

          Ray

          Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 5:30 PM

          Message 5 of 24 , May 28, 2012

            Many of us seem to be taking turns having trouble getting yahoo messages, Ray.

            Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 5:30 PM

            Message 6 of 24 , May 29, 2012
              Is that why you wouldn't talk to us in the parking lot- you thought we had snuck out without inviting you?  We wouldn't do that.

              I sporadically miss emails too and couple times things that I've posted never showed up, or showed up a couple of days later.  It's the yahoo poltergeists!

              Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 5:30 PM

              Message 7 of 24 , May 29, 2012
                There were at least 10 postings last week about the ride so if he didn't see any of them....there must be something very sinister at work here...BTW High Rock elevation around 1,900 feet according to the WWW.

                --- In FrederickPedalers@yahoogroups.com, martha bush <mwrbush@...> wrote:

                > Is that why you wouldn't talk to us in the parking lot- you thought we had snuck out without inviting you?  We wouldn't do that.
                >
                > I sporadically miss emails too and couple times things that I've posted never showed up, or showed up a couple of days later.  It's the yahoo poltergeists!
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Vicki Smith
                Message 8 of 24 , May 29, 2012
                  There definitely seems to be something going on with the Yahoo group.  I think I've been getting posts, bit I know of others not seeing posts.

                  Vicki Smith
                  Sent from my iPad

                  On May 29, 2012, at 4:49 PM, "Dave Teach" <dtride@...> wrote:

                  There were at least 10 postings last week about the ride so if he didn't see any of them....there must be something very sinister at work here...BTW High Rock elevation around 1,900 feet according to the WWW.

                  --- In FrederickPedalers@yahoogroups.com, martha bush <mwrbush@...> wrote:

                  > Is that why you wouldn't talk to us in the parking lot- you thought we had snuck out without inviting you?  We wouldn't do that.
                  >
                  > I sporadically miss emails too and couple times things that I've posted never showed up, or showed up a couple of days later.  It's the yahoo poltergeists!
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Ken Rosenbaum
                  Message 9 of 24 , May 29, 2012
                    Hi All,
                      Sorry to spam the list, but my daughter is graduating high school at Mt St Mary's and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good sit down Italian Restaurant in Emmitsburg or Gettysburg.
                    Thanks for your patience.
                    Ken

                  • Kevin Lynn
                    Message 10 of 24 , May 29, 2012
                      Yahoo has been having a problem with spammers lately and it has been affecting some of the mailing lists.

                      Perhaps we should consider moving the list over to something like Google Groups?