Formia

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2004
      Hi Laura,

      Thanks for joining the group. Formia is very close to Itri. My maternal grandmother was named Euleria Ciccone and she married Pietro Paolo Pezza in the teens. My family is related to Fra Diavolo a few generations before my grandfather. They came to Cranston, RI in the early 1920's. Maybe we are related down the road somewhere. Where are you from?

      Domenic Livoli
      Upton, MA

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2004
        Hi Domenic,

        Didn't know that Itri was close to Formia -- it's very very possible that we
        could be related, as my grandmother's name was Elvira Ciccone, and since the
        towns are so close, it's also possible that parts of the Ciccone family lived
        in nearby towns.

        My grandparents married in America, and during the time of the births of
        their children, they lived in Hollis, New York (a suburb of Queens, which is one
        of the 5 boroughs of New York City.

        They then moved to a small town (Cairo) in upstate NY where they resided
        until their respective deaths.

        My mom (a Parisi) was 1st generation Italian/American - my father (a
        Pezzella) was born in Formia, went to the university in Naples, became an engineer and
        officer in the Italian Merchant Marines, before emigrating to America.

        I was born in Brooklyn (another of the 5 boroughs of NY) - lived in various
        areas of the State of New York until moving to California in the early 70's.
        But, no matter where I am, I am never far from my Italian roots - and darn
        proud of them!!Regards,
        Laura