Catasto Onciaro for ITRI

  • jsoscia3
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      I found a way to obtain a summary of the catasto onciaro (the 1754
      census) for the comune of Itri. The editor of the 4 other volumes
      for other towns currently in print said he would summarize the town
      of Itri for 1000 Euro. This means he'll do the research and type it
      up so that it looks presentable like this example for another town:

      http://www.onciari.net/terra_lavoro/prata_sannita.htm

      I am looking for people to split the cost with. For example, if ten
      of us are interested, then the cost would be down to a more
      reasonable 100 Euro each.

      The catasti would give us the earliest records available for Itri
      and may allow us to extend out family tree out a couple of more
      generations.

      Let me know what you all think,

      Ciao,

      Jason Soscia
    • Joe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2005
        hello,
        I'm interested if you think everything is on the up and up. Keep me posted.
        joe
        I found a way to obtain a summary of the catasto onciaro (the 1754
        census) for the comune of Itri. The editor of the 4 other volumes
        for other towns currently in print said he would summarize the town
        of Itri for 1000 Euro. This means he'll do the research and type it
        up so that it looks presentable like this example for another town:

        http://www.onciari.net/terra_lavoro/prata_sannita.htm

        I am looking for people to split the cost with. For example, if ten
        of us are interested, then the cost would be down to a more
        reasonable 100 Euro each.

        The catasti would give us the earliest records available for Itri
        and may allow us to extend out family tree out a couple of more
        generations.

        Let me know what you all think,

        Ciao,

        Jason Soscia

        Itri Italian Terracina

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2005
          I may be interested but have no idea what 100 euros is?? Marie Elena Saccoccio

          Joe <zicep@...> wrote:hello,

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7, 2005
            I sent him another message asking how quickly he could do it and waiting for a reply. His name is Arturo Bascetta and his website is www.onciari.net. It seems very reputable. Thanks to Vince Sandrone for his info a couple of months ago about the catasti.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7, 2005
              At today's rate 1 Euro is $1.19. So 100 Euro is about $119.00.

              --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, marie saccoccio <saccocciom@y...>
              wrote:
              > I may be interested but have no idea what 100 euros is?? Marie
              Elena Saccoccio

              > Joe <zicep@h...> wrote:hello,
              > I'm interested if you think everything is on the up and up. Keep
              me posted.
              > joe

              Service.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 7, 2005
                Thanks, I thought to google it and that is also what I found!! I would be in! Grandfatehr came from Itri.

                fuscobee <tcfusco@...> wrote:At today's rate 1 Euro is $1.19. So 100 Euro is about $119.00.

                wrote:
                > I may be interested but have no idea what 100 euros is?? Marie
                Elena Saccoccio

                > Joe <zicep@h...> wrote:hello,
                > I'm interested if you think everything is on the up and up. Keep
                me posted.
                > joe

                Service.