Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Genealogy

  • Andrea Perkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
      Thanks Marie,

      I have found that to be true, it is frustrating.

      marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...> wrote:
      the names are often screwed up as we search from typed version and that typed version is based on somepne's interpretation of what a scrivenor for the ship manifest has entered. For instance, my maternal glandmother's name was Amalia Sodi; I searched for a year trying all variations, or so I thought. I finally did find some of her family entering under the name Lodi; the "S" was very flowery in shape and someone thought it was an "L"; hence, Lodi instead of Sodi. No fuzzy search could pull that.

      Andrea Perkins <dldvm@...> wrote:hi,
      Her first name was Maria . I mispelled Analoni, should be Analeoni , still guessing. Her name was on my grandmother's marriage certificate as her mother, this was in 1904 in NY. I have no idea if my great gm was in NY at the time of her daughrter's marriage. I do know that in 1889 my grandmother entered the first time in the US and she was only 12 so she must have been with her mother too.

      Thanks,
      Andrea

      marie elena saccoccio <saccocciom@...> wrote:
      Analoni or Annalconi?? I assume you know her first name; have you
      checked on the Ellis Island website using fuzzy search; do you know
      approximate age or approximate year of entry??

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Andrea Perkins <dldvm@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > My name is Andrea and I am researaching the names Pugliese,
      Napoli, Di Russo and Annaloni or Annalconi (don't know which one it
      is). My family is from Sicily , Gaeta and Naples Italy. Does
      anyone have any information on these names?

      > Thanks,
      > Andrea
      >

      > Andrea N. Perkins

      Andrea N. Perkins