Re: Genealogy

  • marie elena saccoccio
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
      Analoni or Annalconi?? I assume you know her first name; have you
      checked on the Ellis Island website using fuzzy search; do you know
      approximate age or approximate year of entry??

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Andrea Perkins <dldvm@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > My name is Andrea and I am researaching the names Pugliese,
      Napoli, Di Russo and Annaloni or Annalconi (don't know which one it
      is). My family is from Sicily , Gaeta and Naples Italy. Does
      anyone have any information on these names?

      > Thanks,
      > Andrea
      >

      > Andrea N. Perkins

    • Andrea Perkins
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
        hi,
        Her first name was Maria . I mispelled Analoni, should be Analeoni , still guessing. Her name was on my grandmother's marriage certificate as her mother, this was in 1904 in NY. I have no idea if my great gm was in NY at the time of her daughrter's marriage. I do know that in 1889 my grandmother entered the first time in the US and she was only 12 so she must have been with her mother too.

        Thanks,
        Andrea

        wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > My name is Andrea and I am researaching the names Pugliese,
        Napoli, Di Russo and Annaloni or Annalconi (don't know which one it
        is). My family is from Sicily , Gaeta and Naples Italy. Does
        anyone have any information on these names?

        > Thanks,
        > Andrea
        >

        > Andrea N. Perkins

        Andrea N. Perkins

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
          the names are often screwed up as we search from typed version and that typed version is based on somepne's interpretation of what a scrivenor for the ship manifest has entered. For instance, my maternal glandmother's name was Amalia Sodi; I searched for a year trying all variations, or so I thought. I finally did find some of her family entering under the name Lodi; the "S" was very flowery in shape and someone thought it was an "L"; hence, Lodi instead of Sodi. No fuzzy search could pull that.

          Andrea Perkins <dldvm@...> wrote:hi,

          wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > My name is Andrea and I am researaching the names Pugliese,
          Napoli, Di Russo and Annaloni or Annalconi (don't know which one it
          is). My family is from Sicily , Gaeta and Naples Italy. Does
          anyone have any information on these names?

          > Thanks,
          > Andrea
          >

          > Andrea N. Perkins

          Andrea N. Perkins

        • Andrea Perkins
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
            Thanks Marie,

            I have found that to be true, it is frustrating.

            wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > My name is Andrea and I am researaching the names Pugliese,
            Napoli, Di Russo and Annaloni or Annalconi (don't know which one it
            is). My family is from Sicily , Gaeta and Naples Italy. Does
            anyone have any information on these names?

            > Thanks,
            > Andrea
            >

            > Andrea N. Perkins

            Andrea N. Perkins