Genealogy

  • Andrea Perkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2005
      Hi,

      My name is Andrea and I am researaching the names Pugliese, Napoli, Di Russo and Annaloni or Annalconi (don't know which one it is). My family is from Sicily , Gaeta and Naples Italy. Does anyone have any information on these names?

      Thanks,
      Andrea

      Andrea N. Perkins

    • marie elena saccoccio
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
        Analoni or Annalconi?? I assume you know her first name; have you
        checked on the Ellis Island website using fuzzy search; do you know
        approximate age or approximate year of entry??

        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Andrea Perkins <dldvm@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > My name is Andrea and I am researaching the names Pugliese,
        Napoli, Di Russo and Annaloni or Annalconi (don't know which one it
        is). My family is from Sicily , Gaeta and Naples Italy. Does
        anyone have any information on these names?

        > Thanks,
        > Andrea
        >

        > Andrea N. Perkins

      • Andrea Perkins
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
          hi,
          Her first name was Maria . I mispelled Analoni, should be Analeoni , still guessing. Her name was on my grandmother's marriage certificate as her mother, this was in 1904 in NY. I have no idea if my great gm was in NY at the time of her daughrter's marriage. I do know that in 1889 my grandmother entered the first time in the US and she was only 12 so she must have been with her mother too.

          Thanks,
          Andrea

          wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > My name is Andrea and I am researaching the names Pugliese,
          Napoli, Di Russo and Annaloni or Annalconi (don't know which one it
          is). My family is from Sicily , Gaeta and Naples Italy. Does
          anyone have any information on these names?

          > Thanks,
          > Andrea
          >

          > Andrea N. Perkins

          Andrea N. Perkins

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
            the names are often screwed up as we search from typed version and that typed version is based on somepne's interpretation of what a scrivenor for the ship manifest has entered. For instance, my maternal glandmother's name was Amalia Sodi; I searched for a year trying all variations, or so I thought. I finally did find some of her family entering under the name Lodi; the "S" was very flowery in shape and someone thought it was an "L"; hence, Lodi instead of Sodi. No fuzzy search could pull that.

            Andrea Perkins <dldvm@...> wrote:hi,

            wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > My name is Andrea and I am researaching the names Pugliese,
            Napoli, Di Russo and Annaloni or Annalconi (don't know which one it
            is). My family is from Sicily , Gaeta and Naples Italy. Does
            anyone have any information on these names?

            > Thanks,
            > Andrea
            >

            > Andrea N. Perkins

            Andrea N. Perkins

          • Andrea Perkins
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
              Thanks Marie,

              I have found that to be true, it is frustrating.

              wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > My name is Andrea and I am researaching the names Pugliese,
              Napoli, Di Russo and Annaloni or Annalconi (don't know which one it
              is). My family is from Sicily , Gaeta and Naples Italy. Does
              anyone have any information on these names?

              > Thanks,
              > Andrea
              >

              > Andrea N. Perkins

              Andrea N. Perkins