Re: [FraDiavolo] Census Records in the 1750s

  • Jason Soscia
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2 8:49 PM
      Do you know of any other way to get those books? I signed up for an account but it doesn't seem to work.

      vince_sandrone <vince_sandrone@...> wrote:
      I have done some research on censuses and have found out that there
      exists a type of census (Catasti Onciari)for some of the towns in our
      area of interest. They were undertaken in the 1750s in the Kingdom of
      Naples.

      Check out http://www.italyworldclub.com/genealogy/catasti.htm for a
      general description of the Catasti Onciari.

      I believe that the records are available from the Archive in Naples and
      also available through www.italianbook.com as 4 or 5 volumes.
      I am not sure which volome covers which town census.

      Two towns that I recognise are Itri 1754 and Maranola (now part of
      Formia) 1750. Other towns may not have formed part of the Kingdom of
      Naples or have had a different name or form part of another town's
      census at the time.

      When I have more information I will pass it on.

    • vince_sandrone
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3 5:54 PM
        Try http://www.unilibro.com

        Vince Sandrone