RE: [FraDiavolo] census/research question

  • Joseph Fidaleo
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hello
      San Michelarcangelo & Santa Maria Maggiore churches have parish records.
      When you search the processettis on microfilm you'll see that a lot of birth
      and baptismal and death data is taken from those parish records. You would
      probably have to write to those churches but I don't think they would be
      accomodating, base I what I read.
      Joe

      >From: "jsoscia3" <jsoscia3@...>
      >To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [FraDiavolo] census/research question
      >Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:43:52 -0000
      >

      >Hi all,
      >
      >My name is Jason Soscia from Cranston, RI; I've been constructing
      >my itrani genealogy on and off recently. Does anyone have any info
      >on how to get Itri parish records before 1800. Do they even exist
      >or were they destroyed in WWII. If they are in Gaeta who should I
      >contact. The Gaeta census was amazing to look at, but does one
      >exist for Itri?
      >
      >Hope someone can help. Ci sentiamo...
      >
      >Jason

    • vince_sandrone
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2005
        I have done some research on censuses and have found out that there
        exists a type of census (Catasti Onciari)for some of the towns in our
        area of interest. They were undertaken in the 1750s in the Kingdom of
        Naples.

        Check out http://www.italyworldclub.com/genealogy/catasti.htm for a
        general description of the Catasti Onciari.

        I believe that the records are available from the Archive in Naples and
        also available through www.italianbook.com as 4 or 5 volumes.
        I am not sure which volome covers which town census.

        Two towns that I recognise are Itri 1754 and Maranola (now part of
        Formia) 1750. Other towns may not have formed part of the Kingdom of
        Naples or have had a different name or form part of another town's
        census at the time.

        When I have more information I will pass it on.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 3 5:54 PM
              Try http://www.unilibro.com

              Vince Sandrone