census/research question

  • jsoscia3
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi all,

      My name is Jason Soscia from Cranston, RI; I've been constructing
      my itrani genealogy on and off recently. Does anyone have any info
      on how to get Itri parish records before 1800. Do they even exist
      or were they destroyed in WWII. If they are in Gaeta who should I
      contact. The Gaeta census was amazing to look at, but does one
      exist for Itri?

      Hope someone can help. Ci sentiamo...

      Jason
    • Joseph Fidaleo
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2005
        Hello
        San Michelarcangelo & Santa Maria Maggiore churches have parish records.
        When you search the processettis on microfilm you'll see that a lot of birth
        and baptismal and death data is taken from those parish records. You would
        probably have to write to those churches but I don't think they would be
        accomodating, base I what I read.
        Joe

        >From: "jsoscia3" <jsoscia3@...>
        >To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FraDiavolo] census/research question
        >Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:43:52 -0000
        >

        >Hi all,
        >
        >My name is Jason Soscia from Cranston, RI; I've been constructing
        >my itrani genealogy on and off recently. Does anyone have any info
        >on how to get Itri parish records before 1800. Do they even exist
        >or were they destroyed in WWII. If they are in Gaeta who should I
        >contact. The Gaeta census was amazing to look at, but does one
        >exist for Itri?
        >
        >Hope someone can help. Ci sentiamo...
        >
        >Jason

      • vince_sandrone
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2005
          I have done some research on censuses and have found out that there
          exists a type of census (Catasti Onciari)for some of the towns in our
          area of interest. They were undertaken in the 1750s in the Kingdom of
          Naples.

          Check out http://www.italyworldclub.com/genealogy/catasti.htm for a
          general description of the Catasti Onciari.

          I believe that the records are available from the Archive in Naples and
          also available through www.italianbook.com as 4 or 5 volumes.
          I am not sure which volome covers which town census.

          Two towns that I recognise are Itri 1754 and Maranola (now part of
          Formia) 1750. Other towns may not have formed part of the Kingdom of
          Naples or have had a different name or form part of another town's
          census at the time.

          When I have more information I will pass it on.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2005
                Try http://www.unilibro.com

                Vince Sandrone