Re: [FraDiavolo] Itri Origin Maria Civita Saccocio marrying Luigi Cannella

  • marie elena saccoccio
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 28, 2012
      Oh, OK,  funny.  I once was contacted by an attorney in Florida who asked me why my grandfather left his grandmother in Italy and came to Boston and married my grandmother while still married to his grandmother AND left his child behind in Italy.  LOL   My grandfather did no such thing!!!! It was another Guiseppe Saccoccio from Itri.  LOL

      From: marie elena saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
      To: "FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com" <FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 11:32 PM

      Are Guiseppe and Benedetto both Saccoccio's?  Jeez, those names got around. My grandfather was Guiseppe Saccoccio and his sponsor here in Cambridge, MA, was Benedetto Saccoccio.

      From: Domenic Livoli <dlivoli@...>
      To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 7:18 PM

      Linda,

      Same with me.  My mom had me at 43 and my brother at 44.  She would have been 86 this year.  Her oldest brother would have been 95 this year.  She still has brothers Joe Pezza & Mike Pezza at 88 & 90 years old.  My grandparents were both born in 1888.  My brother is the youngest grandchild and I have first cousins that are 71.  It is weird.   I did not get to meet my uncle or grandfather.  I was born in May, 1969 and my grandfather died in April, 1969 and oldest brother died in January, 1969.

      Actually, my uncle’s wife Anne Pezza just passed away last week at 95.

      World is too small, especially in Cranston !

      Domenic

      Domenic Livoli
      Livoli Estimating Service
      24 Juniper Road
      Upton, MA   01568-1481
      Tel.  (508) 529-0362
      From: Domenic Livoli <dlivoli@...>
      To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 3:50 PM

      Tom DiSegna’s sister Debra is married to Dr. Frank Pescosolido.  She is a judge in Rhode Island .  Tom’s uncle Augie DiSegna had Augie’s Lunch on A St .  You could go there and buy slices of pizza and danishes, etc.  Tom married my cousin Cathy Simone.  Her mother was Maria (Pezza) Simone and was my mom’s sister.

      Domenic Livoli
      Livoli Estimating Service
      24 Juniper Road
      Upton, MA   01568-1481
      Tel.  (508) 529-0362
      From: Domenic Livoli <dlivoli@...>
      To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 3:11 PM

      One of my cousins from Cranston is married to Thomas DiSegna.  DiSegna is an Itrani name, but he said somehow he has Gaetani relatives in Cambridge and used to go to Cosmo/Damiano feast.  So, there must have been some visits back and forth from Itri to Gaeta back in the day.

      Domenic Livoli
      Livoli Estimating Service
      24 Juniper Road
      Upton, MA   01568-1481
      Tel.  (508) 529-0362
      From: marie elena saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
      To: " FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com " < FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com >
      Date: Monday, November 26, 2012, 11:57 PM

      Did you know that there is a Maria Civita Saccoccio from Itri on Facebook??  Perhaps you can correspond with her or friend her??
      From: Castle <paul.capotosto@...>
      Subject: [FraDiavolo] Itri Origin
      To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 26, 2012, 11:06 AM

      Hey Itrano's,
      With all the devastation Sandy has brought to the NY/NJ area, I hope it did not cause too much harm to you, your family or your friends. My family experienced varying degrees of property damage but thankfully no loss of life.
      I would like to start the conversation again and try to learn more about my family and Itri. Has anyone had any new breakthroughs in their lineage that may include my family name, Capotosto? Also has anyone had success researching the town of Itri 's records, i.e. Birth, Marriage or Death certificates? You may have given me the answer in the past but as it has been a long time since I've written, yahoo cancelled me for inactivity, and all former email was deleted.
      Thank you for any help you can offer,
      Paul Capotosto

    • Bill Capotosto
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 7, 2012

        Paul,

        What I’ve sent is as far back as I know.  I do have some (possibly inaccurate) notes about a first cousin of Maria Rosaria Capotosto Paparello, my great-grandmother and wife of Francesco Paolo Paparello.  He was Paul Capotosto, husband of Mary Giovanne.  They had six children: Frank, Louis, Anthony, Mary, Helen, and Paul.  The notes say he cleaned and blocked men’s hats and did shoe repair and that he opened a shoe repair shop for his sons.

        I remember what struck me about one of your posts somewhere.  It was a reference to 4th Street in NYC.  I have addresses of 59 Avenue B and 246 E 4th Street for my grandparents, Paolo and Marietta.

        Bill