Itri Origin

  • Castle
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 26, 2012

      Hey Itrano's,

      With all the devastation Sandy has brought to the NY/NJ area, I hope it did not cause too much harm to you, your family or your friends. My family experienced varying degrees of property damage but thankfully no loss of life.

      I would like to start the conversation again and try to learn more about my family and Itri. Has anyone had any new breakthroughs in their lineage that may include my family name, Capotosto? Also has anyone had success researching the town of Itri's records, i.e. Birth, Marriage or Death certificates? You may have given me the answer in the past but as it has been a long time since I've written, yahoo cancelled me for inactivity, and all former email was deleted.

      Thank you for any help you can offer,

      Paul Capotosto

    • Bill Capotosto
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 7, 2012

        Paul,

        What I’ve sent is as far back as I know.  I do have some (possibly inaccurate) notes about a first cousin of Maria Rosaria Capotosto Paparello, my great-grandmother and wife of Francesco Paolo Paparello.  He was Paul Capotosto, husband of Mary Giovanne.  They had six children: Frank, Louis, Anthony, Mary, Helen, and Paul.  The notes say he cleaned and blocked men’s hats and did shoe repair and that he opened a shoe repair shop for his sons.

        I remember what struck me about one of your posts somewhere.  It was a reference to 4th Street in NYC.  I have addresses of 59 Avenue B and 246 E 4th Street for my grandparents, Paolo and Marietta.

        Bill