Re: Itrani Origins

  • bonval
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2011
      My in laws are also Itrani folks - my mother in law was home the day bombs fell - as she heard the planes, she ran next door to the church and stood in the arched doorway - the church and her home were totally bombed but the arch stood strong and saved her life! She told us stories of living back in the caves, hiding food - my father in law hid out after one bombing raid to go into the German camp where he brought back horse meat and other food for the families hiding! I have similar tales and many current photos of Itri on my blog: Amore e' Sapore di Famiglia