Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Itrani Origins

  • Itri1@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2011
      Paul,

      I am not really following the Capotosto lineage. I belong to this group because I know the Agresti family that lives in Itri.  But, during the 4 times I have visited there (I live in NYC), I have come to know Francesco Capotosto - he was a very good customer at the Piazza cafe there.   I had found him to be a very sweet & caring person.  He was very patient with me while I had to look at 3 Italian Language books to talk to him.  He would leave early, before lunch, to go home to take care of his mother (who was over 90 yrs.).  I was deeply saddened when I found he had passed in 2009.  He was only 62 yrs.  I wish you luck in finding out more about your ancestors.

      Sincerely,
      Kathy

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 31, 2011
        My in laws are also Itrani folks - my mother in law was home the day bombs fell - as she heard the planes, she ran next door to the church and stood in the arched doorway - the church and her home were totally bombed but the arch stood strong and saved her life! She told us stories of living back in the caves, hiding food - my father in law hid out after one bombing raid to go into the German camp where he brought back horse meat and other food for the families hiding! I have similar tales and many current photos of Itri on my blog: Amore e' Sapore di Famiglia