[FraDiavolo] Re: Itrani Origins

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2011
      Hi Kathy,

      I don't have an answer as of yet, I have many Capotosto branches of my tree all from Itri. My Gr Gr Grandfather Raffaele brought his two sons, Antonio and Pasquale (my Gr Grandfather) to NY 26th May 1885. As I discovered they had many cousins in Italy, some in Canada and other parts of the US. I still have much more to find, and I also hope someone already has and will share the info I seek.

      If I can help you let me know, how far back can you trace the family?

      Regards,
      Paul

    • Itri1@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 31, 2011
        Paul,

        I am not really following the Capotosto lineage. I belong to this group because I know the Agresti family that lives in Itri.  But, during the 4 times I have visited there (I live in NYC), I have come to know Francesco Capotosto - he was a very good customer at the Piazza cafe there.   I had found him to be a very sweet & caring person.  He was very patient with me while I had to look at 3 Italian Language books to talk to him.  He would leave early, before lunch, to go home to take care of his mother (who was over 90 yrs.).  I was deeply saddened when I found he had passed in 2009.  He was only 62 yrs.  I wish you luck in finding out more about your ancestors.

        Sincerely,

      • bonval
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 31, 2011
          My in laws are also Itrani folks - my mother in law was home the day bombs fell - as she heard the planes, she ran next door to the church and stood in the arched doorway - the church and her home were totally bombed but the arch stood strong and saved her life! She told us stories of living back in the caves, hiding food - my father in law hid out after one bombing raid to go into the German camp where he brought back horse meat and other food for the families hiding! I have similar tales and many current photos of Itri on my blog: Amore e' Sapore di Famiglia