Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Searching

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 11, 2010
      Hi,

      I grew up across the street from Peter DeSimone on "A" Street in Knightsville. Knightville is wher all the Itrani settled. Next time I see one of his Sons I will ask.

      Greg Pezza

      From: S <sxp215@hotmail. com>
      Subject: [FraDiavolo] Re: Searching
      To: FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 6:43 PM

      Hi Bonnie~

      There probably is a relation, but I have no idea what it is! :-)

      All I know of this leg of my family is the Giovanina (Jennie) DeSimone married Anthony Paparelli and they had 3 children in Italy. Their oldest daughter, Maria/Mary was my Great-Grandmother. They came to the US in 1911 and had a bunch more children here.

      On her Ellis Island record, Jennie listed her brother Raffielli (sp?) as her closest relative in Italy. I'm just beginning to dig deeper into my Itri roots...I've concentrated on the Sicilian part of my heritage until recently.

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "bonval" <BonVal@...> wrote:

      > Hi Stephanie -
      > I have a lot of information on Itri - my husband is a DiCrocco from there - we have a nephew who is a DeSimone of Itri - his family own the pizza place across from the commune (city hall). Any relation? Be happy to compare notes if you want!
      > Bonnie (valentinoswife)
      > http://valentinoswi fe.wordpress. com
      >
      > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "S" <sxp215@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I feel like an idiot, but it's 1:00 in the morning and I've been trapped inside from a snowstorm all week. So please forgive me. How do you search these posts? I've been doing some research on my Great-Great- Grandmother Giovanina DeSimone who was born in Itri and lived most of her life in Erie, PA. When I try to search posts for mentions of "DeSimone" I get no results, even though I can clearly see that the most recent post was from someone names DeSimone. What am I doing wrong? Also, is there a way to look at the posts I've made to this group in the past? I tried clicking on my username, but it just took me to some pseudo-facebook page. Grr.
      > >
      > > Thanks for your help! Maybe this will all make more sense in the morning.
      > >
      > > Stephanie

    • Maureen Perry
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 12, 2010
        Thank you, Gregg, I would be very thankful for any info on the family.  For all I know they could be back in Cranston.  When they lived in the US it was off Gansett Ave,  I belive the man would remember my family, The Salera's, rather then the rest of his family.  I will be waiting to hear from you.

        Thanks again,

        Maureen Salera-Perry

        I grew up across the street from Peter DeSimone on "A" Street in Knightsville. Knightville is wher all the Itrani settled. Next time I see one of his Sons I will ask.

        Greg Pezza

        I am looking for a family named, DeSimone, from Itri.  The husband is named, Giuseppe, he is around the age of  66/67.  He has 2 daughters and a son.  Also, a wife who is still alive, I belive.  Back in the 70's they lived in the city of Cranston, but moved back to Itri around the late 70's.  Any idea's?

        thank you,

        Maureen

        There probably is a relation, but I have no idea what it is! :-)

        All I know of this leg of my family is the Giovanina (Jennie) DeSimone married Anthony Paparelli and they had 3 children in Italy. Their oldest daughter, Maria/Mary was my Great-Grandmother. They came to the US in 1911 and had a bunch more children here.

        On her Ellis Island record, Jennie listed her brother Raffielli (sp?) as her closest relative in Italy. I'm just beginning to dig deeper into my Itri roots...I've concentrated on the Sicilian part of my heritage until recently.

        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "bonval" <BonVal@...> wrote:

        > Hi Stephanie -
        > I have a lot of information on Itri - my husband is a DiCrocco from there - we have a nephew who is a DeSimone of Itri - his family own the pizza place across from the commune (city hall). Any relation? Be happy to compare notes if you want!
        > Bonnie (valentinoswife)
        > http://valentinoswi fe.wordpress. com
        >
        > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "S" <sxp215@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I feel like an idiot, but it's 1:00 in the morning and I've been trapped inside from a snowstorm all week. So please forgive me. How do you search these posts? I've been doing some research on my Great-Great- Grandmother Giovanina DeSimone who was born in Itri and lived most of her life in Erie, PA. When I try to search posts for mentions of "DeSimone" I get no results, even though I can clearly see that the most recent post was from someone names DeSimone. What am I doing wrong? Also, is there a way to look at the posts I've made to this group in the past? I tried clicking on my username, but it just took me to some pseudo-facebook page. Grr.
        > >
        > > Thanks for your help! Maybe this will all make more sense in the morning.
        > >
        > > Stephanie

      • louissaccoccio
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 25 5:47 PM
          Hi Maureen,

          I grew up in Knightsville on St Mary's Drive which is a block from St Mary's & St Anne's church as well as St Mary's cemetary.

          I knew and still know a Joseph DeSimone who is a little older than me and is now around 65-67 years old. He still lives in Cranston just west of knightsville.

          If you have any other information I will try to contact him to see if he knows or is related to the person your are inquiring about.

          Lou Saccoccio

          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Maureen Perry <bella02920@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          >
          > I am looking for a family named, DeSimone, from Itri.  The husband is named, Giuseppe, he is around the age of  66/67.  He has 2 daughters and a son.  Also, a wife who is still alive, I belive.  Back in the 70's they lived in the city of Cranston, but moved back to Itri around the late 70's.  Any idea's?
          >
          > thank you,
          >
          > Maureen

        • Maureen Perry
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 26 5:43 AM
            Oh, Louis, that would be great if you know him!  I can tell you, he is about, 5' 8'' give or take an inch, worked in Cranston, as a tool maker and lived on Fiat Ave in Cranston in the 70's.

            Thanks, I will be waiting to hear from you.

            Maureen Salera
            Lolly Lane
            Cranston, RI

          • jaysac1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 26 6:43 AM
              I'm looking for Louis Saccoccio that worked at Aro-Sac Company in Providence
              Jerry J. Saccoccio

            • jaysac1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 31 6:54 AM
                Hi Lou,
                THe owners of the Aro-Sac company were August and Robert Saccoccio..Louis was the son of Robert Saccoccio...Two other brothers Pete and John also worked at Aro-Sac.(Aro-Sac was a tool and die company in the Imperial Knife building in Providence)......My father was Gennaro (Jerry) Saccoccio and we lived on Phenix Avenue in Cranston.  On my maternal side we were Piacente.

                In a message dated 3/31/2010 2:09:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, louissaccoccio@... writes:

                Hi Jerry,

                We are probably related. I believe my father's cousins owned Aro-Sac. I did not work at Aro-Sac but my father owned Saco Casting Company. I had a cousin, Thomas Saccoccio, whose father owned a company called Bowcraft. Does any of this ring a bell?

                Lou Saccoccio

                --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, jaysac1@... wrote:

                > I'm looking for Louis Saccoccio that worked at Aro-Sac Company in
                > Providence
                > Jerry J. Saccoccio
                >

                > In a message dated 3/26/2010 12:47:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                > louissaccoccio@ ... writes:
                >

                > Hi Maureen,
                >
                > I grew up in Knightsville on St Mary's Drive which is a block from St
                > Mary's & St Anne's church as well as St Mary's cemetary.
                >
                > I knew and still know a Joseph DeSimone who is a little older than me and
                > is now around 65-67 years old. He still lives in Cranston just west of
                > knightsville.
                >
                > If you have any other information I will try to contact him to see if he
                > knows or is related to the person your are inquiring about.
                >
                > Lou Saccoccio
                >
                > --- In _FraDiavolo@ yahoogroFraDiav_ (mailto:FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com) ,
                > Maureen Perry <bella02920@ bel> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello
                > > I am looking for a family named, DeSimone, from Itri. The husband is
                > named, Giuseppe, he is around the age of 66/67. He has 2 daughters and a
                > son. Also, a wife who is still alive, I belive. Back in the 70's they
                > lived in the city of Cranston, but moved back to Itri around the late
                > 70's. Any idea's?
                > > thank you,
                > > Maureen

              • Maureen Perry
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 31 12:41 PM
                  Hi,

                  It's me, Maureen Salera-Perry.  I am looking for Joe DeSimone.  You asked if I remember anything else?, well. I remember he drove a gold car with a plate that read, GITRI.
                  Hope that helps.  Also want to mention, I went to school, Cranston East, with someone named Anthony same last name as you, any relation?

                  Thanks, for your help.

                  Maureen Salera- Perry

                  In a message dated 3/31/2010 2:09:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, louissaccoccio@ yahoo.com writes:

                  Hi Jerry,

                  We are probably related. I believe my father's cousins owned Aro-Sac. I did not work at Aro-Sac but my father owned Saco Casting Company. I had a cousin, Thomas Saccoccio, whose father owned a company called Bowcraft. Does any of this ring a bell?

                  Lou Saccoccio

                  --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, jaysac1@... wrote:

                  > I'm looking for Louis Saccoccio that worked at Aro-Sac Company in
                  > Providence
                  > Jerry J. Saccoccio
                  >

                  > In a message dated 3/26/2010 12:47:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                  > louissaccoccio@ ... writes:
                  >

                  > Hi Maureen,
                  >
                  > I grew up in Knightsville on St Mary's Drive which is a block from St
                  > Mary's & St Anne's church as well as St Mary's cemetary.
                  >
                  > I knew and still know a Joseph DeSimone who is a little older than me and
                  > is now around 65-67 years old. He still lives in Cranston just west of
                  > knightsville.
                  >
                  > If you have any other information I will try to contact him to see if he
                  > knows or is related to the person your are inquiring about.
                  >
                  > Lou Saccoccio
                  >
                  > --- In _FraDiavolo@ yahoogroFraDiav_ (mailto:FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com) ,
                  > Maureen Perry <bella02920@ bel> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello
                  > > I am looking for a family named, DeSimone, from Itri. The husband is
                  > named, Giuseppe, he is around the age of 66/67. He has 2 daughters and a
                  > son. Also, a wife who is still alive, I belive. Back in the 70's they
                  > lived in the city of Cranston, but moved back to Itri around the late
                  > 70's. Any idea's?
                  > > thank you,
                  > > Maureen

                • marie elena saccoccio
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 31 12:44 PM
                    Hi, fellow Saccoccios. Do any of you know or recall someone named Stephanie Saccoccio?  I visited with her and her parents years ago in Rhode Island. Her father and mine were cousins. I know her parents are dead and I always wanted to find her.  Her parents were so nice.  Today I suspect she would be in her early 50's.  I cannot recall her mother's name but I think her father was called "Jackson."  Her mother may have been called Josephine.  Stephanie was an only child.
                    Marie Elena Saccoccio

                    THe owners of the Aro-Sac company were August and Robert Saccoccio..Louis was the son of Robert Saccoccio... Two other brothers Pete and John also worked at Aro-Sac.(Aro- Sac was a tool and die company in the Imperial Knife building in Providence). .....My father was Gennaro (Jerry) Saccoccio and we lived on Phenix Avenue in Cranston.  On my maternal side we were Piacente.

                    In a message dated 3/31/2010 2:09:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, louissaccoccio@ yahoo.com writes:

                    Hi Jerry,

                    We are probably related. I believe my father's cousins owned Aro-Sac. I did not work at Aro-Sac but my father owned Saco Casting Company. I had a cousin, Thomas Saccoccio, whose father owned a company called Bowcraft. Does any of this ring a bell?

                    Lou Saccoccio

                    --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, jaysac1@... wrote:

                    > I'm looking for Louis Saccoccio that worked at Aro-Sac Company in
                    > Providence
                    > Jerry J. Saccoccio
                    >

                    > In a message dated 3/26/2010 12:47:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                    > louissaccoccio@ ... writes:
                    >

                    > Hi Maureen,
                    >
                    > I grew up in Knightsville on St Mary's Drive which is a block from St
                    > Mary's & St Anne's church as well as St Mary's cemetary.
                    >
                    > I knew and still know a Joseph DeSimone who is a little older than me and
                    > is now around 65-67 years old. He still lives in Cranston just west of
                    > knightsville.
                    >
                    > If you have any other information I will try to contact him to see if he
                    > knows or is related to the person your are inquiring about.
                    >
                    > Lou Saccoccio
                    >
                    > --- In _FraDiavolo@ yahoogroFraDiav_ (mailto:FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com) ,
                    > Maureen Perry <bella02920@ bel> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hello
                    > > I am looking for a family named, DeSimone, from Itri. The husband is
                    > named, Giuseppe, he is around the age of 66/67. He has 2 daughters and a
                    > son. Also, a wife who is still alive, I belive. Back in the 70's they
                    > lived in the city of Cranston, but moved back to Itri around the late
                    > 70's. Any idea's?
                    > > thank you,
                    > > Maureen

                  • louissaccoccio
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
                      Maria Elena, Maureen & Jerry,

                      Maria Elena,

                      I grew up with a Saccoccio family whose oldest brother was called "Jacksie" his actual name is like mine - Louis Saccoccio. Unfortunately, the Saccoccio's named all their kids with the same or similar names. Jacksie is now in his upper 60s, like 67-69 years of age. In his younger days, he was a Cranston fireman. His brothers are Alex and Carl who is now the state of RI building inspector. We grew up playing hockey on Randall Pond. Their sister, Carol, recently had a stroke. My nephew is now renting an apartment in the family homestead in knightsville.

                      Maureen,

                      My younger brother is Anthony Saccoccio who graduated Cranston East in 1968. I also have not forgotten you and will be contacting my friend Joe Disimone after Easter Sunday.

                      Jerry,

                      They were my father's cousins. I think you also had relatives named Luke and Loretta (Saccoccio) Grossi. Loretta is still alive in her 90s and looks great. If so, we are definitely related.

                      Lou Saccoccio