Itrani Dinner

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2004
      Joe,

      Got your message. That's too bad that nobody wants to organize it. It is time consuming and there usually are a lot of personalities mixed in who want different things.

      It's funny that you mention Ortensia Ciccone. My mother is related to her husband. Ortensia's husband is Antonio Ciccone and his mother is my mother's first cousin, his grandmother being my grandfather's sister.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2004
        Domenic,

        Have been reading your correspondence with 'Joe,' and believe that it's
        possible we might be related in some small way.

        My grandmother, her sister, and possibly her brother came from the town of
        Formia - which I am told is next door (so to speak) to Itri.

        Since both sets of grandparents, as well as my parents have crossed over, I'm
        wondering: Is it possible for you to inquire of your Ciccone family if they
        know anything of either 'Elvira', 'Jennie' or 'Anthony' CICCONE from Formia.

        I can't help thinking that there is a connection here - probably way, way
        back, but still, a connection nonetheless.

        Thanks very much,
        Renata

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 25, 2004
          Hello

          I don't know Ortensia. The other day was the first time I spoke to her. In the past (six or more years ago) I received invitations for the Itrani dinner with her name on it.
          I phoned her to ask about the dinner and also if she knew a nun named Bergman who was from Itri. I vaguely remember the nun from when I was a kid. I was trying to find out the nun's last name. She was at least a very good friend of the family. My sister believes she was a distant cousin.
          My cousin used to pick up Sister Bergman.( By the way, I'm spelling her named the way it was pronounced. The spelling could be wrong.) He would go to Ortensia's mother's house, pick her up and take her to visit his mother, my mother and others.
          Ortensia told me that her mother died about a year ago at 92. She remembers the nun and said she was a very good friend of her mother. She also said that the nun died about 10 years ago. She was in her 90s. If she finds out the nun's last name, she will give me a call.
          Sister Bergman worked in an orphanage in West Park NY. A Mother Cabrini Home. My sister remembers going there to visit her with her cousins and aunt. Her last years were spent in New Orleans. I think that's where is died. My aunt had given me her address and I wrote to her in the early 90s but never got an answer. I tell all this Dom because maybe your mother or grandparents might have known her.

          Take care
          Got your message. That's too bad that nobody wants to organize it. It is time consuming and there usually are a lot of personalities mixed in who want different things.

          It's funny that you mention Ortensia Ciccone. My mother is related to her husband. Ortensia's husband is Antonio Ciccone and his mother is my mother's first cousin, his grandmother being my grandfather's sister.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor