Re: Has anyone been to Itri lately?

  • paul462815
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "kathythss" <Itri1@...> wrote:

      > I have just returned from Itri after being there 2 months. I know this is THE SITE for Itri & was just wondering if anyone in the group has been there lately?
      >
      > Kathy

      Hi Kathy, So you have recently been staying in Itri?
      We currently have Jason Soscia of the Fra Diavolo group staying here during his visit. It was a pleasure to meet him at last as we have corresponded in the past.

      We actually live in Itri. You can see where we live at our website:
      http://trecancelle.shapcott-family.com Here you can find lots of info / photos regarding Itri and South Lazio

      We are an English Couple. We came to this part of South Lazio on holiday several years ago and fell hopelessly in love with the area around Itri. In fact we liked it so much that this was where we chose to start our new life. We have been here for 4 years now.

      We bought a deserted farmhouse which we have renovated and made into 2 holiday apartments. It is set amongst our 8.5 acres of Olive Grove which had about 600 olive trees. We are about 3 or so miles from the centre of Itri. Here in Itri, surrounded by mountains in the peace of the countryside we have the best of both worlds, Itri and the mountains and the beautiful coastline and beaches of Sperlonga, Gaeta and Formia.

      You can read our news on our Blog: http://trecancelle.wordpress.com

      Would love to keep in contact with you and keep in touch with others who are also passionate about Bella Itri !!!

      Anyway, Ciao for now !!!

      Louie and Paul
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
        Hi Kathy - my husband Valentino and I just returned from ITri - we go almost every year as all our family are still in ITaly with many still in Itri! For us it is the most perfect blend of old and new in villages that are now "all grown up"! Please stop by my blog Amore e Sapori di Famiglia on wordpress - I post quite a bit about Itri! BTW - Annette and her husband Frank also just returned from Itri - they too travel there frequently.
        Bonnie(valentinoswife)
        http://valentinoswife.wordpress.com

      • Itri1@optonline.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
          Hi Bonnie,

          Thank you for telling about your website.  I am going to check it out.  Have you heard of Torelio Agresti?  He is my boyfriend Joe's father.  Maria Civita Maggiacomo Agresti is Joe's mother.  Were you in Itri around March - May?

          Take care,
          Kathy
          > Hi Kathy - my husband Valentino and I just returned from ITri -
          > we go almost every year as all our family are still in ITaly
          > with many still in Itri! For us it is the most perfect blend of
          > old and new in villages that are now "all grown up"! Please stop
          > by my blog Amore e Sapori di Famiglia on wordpress - I post
          > quite a bit about Itri! BTW - Annette and her husband Frank also
          > just returned from Itri - they too travel there frequently.
          > Bonnie(valentinoswife)
          > http://valentinoswife.wordpress.com
          >
          > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "kathythss" wrote:
          > >
          > > I have just returned from Itri after being there 2 months. I
          > know this is THE SITE for Itri & was just wondering if anyone in
          > the group has been there lately?
          > >
          > > Kathy

        • kathythss
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
            Hi Louie & Paul,

            Thank you for reaching out & letting me know about your site. We live in U.S. but travel to Itri to visit my boyfriend's parents - Torelio & Maria Agresti. Do you know them? We were in Itri for March to May. I wish we would have known about your living there. We would have stopped by & introduced ourselves.

            I will certainly check out your website. And I hope to keep chatting with you also.

            You are certainly right when you say "Bella Itri."

            Take care,
            Kathy

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
              My husband's family includes some Agresti's - not sure where, I would have to check out the files - ha. But the family do know some Agresti folks now too. Is Maria Civita related to Sal M. from Cranston? We were there for April.

            • Itri1@optonline.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
                I am not sure if Maria Civita is related to Sal M. but I will ask her & let you know.  Joe is related to Franco Agresti in Cranston (who is married to Lena).  Do you know Franco?

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
                  I will have to ask Val to be sure but the name is familiar - Val worked for a Sr. Agresti in a bakery when he was young in Itri!