Re: cell phone rental in Italy?

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2009
      You might double check because someone else told me the AT&T charges are only a few dollars a month to use overseas - I am not sure... but we are on AT&T also and used our phone a couple times - the roaming and toll charges were around $20. We had used a TIM card in our phones last trip but this time the card would not work - TIM said it was due to a need for an unlock network code - so rather than go crazy trying to figure that out, it was easier to buy a cheapo phone from them - for 100 Euro we bought a phone, an electric charger, a car charger, and somewhere around 65 Euro in airtime. We still have 15 Euro left on the phone even after using it for at least one call every other day to the US in addition to all the calls to family in Italy.