Re: help on birth record from Itri for legal use

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2009
      Hi Tom,

      Here is the letter I used for my Jure Sanguinis birth certificate request. I was recognized in February 2007. I simply amended one of the genealogical letters I found in a book. I'm sure the grammar is terrible, but it worked. I wrote out the gist of the letter in English and sent that along, too, for good measure. It took about 6 weeks to get a response from the town of Borgetto.

      Hope that helps,
      Stephanie

      *****

      Giugno 8, 2005

      Egrègi Signori,

      Mi chiamo Stephanie Petruso. Ito negli Stati Uniti. Cérco informazioni riguardo ai miei antenati. Sto provando per verificarsi cittadinanza doppia con l'Italia.

      Vi sarei grato se potétte spedirme il atto di náscita del mio bisnónno e della bisnónna.

      Il nóme del mio bisnónno é Francesco Petruso. É nato il 21 novémbre 1879 a Borgetto. Il nóme del suo padre é Domenick Petruso. Il nóme della sua madre é Madeline Vicagari. Francesco é emigrato negli Stati Uniti nel 1903.

      Il nóme della mia bisnónna é Marianna o Maria Frisina. É nato il 8 maggio 1890 a Borgetto. É emigrato negli Stati Uniti nel 1906.

      Per favóre, potette spedirmi il atto compéto in carta legale? Informilo prego di quanto pagamento da trasmettere. Nel caso che I informazióne non síano disponíbile vi prégo di inviarmi una riposte negitiva.

      Inclúdo Quattro tagliandi di postale universale. Lei ringrazio gentilmente per il suo aiuto.

      Cordialmente vóstro,

      Stephanie L. Petruso

      Indirizzo: Email:
      Street Address slp@...
      Town, State, Zip
      USA

      *****

      June 8, 2005

      Dear Sir,

      My name is Stephanie Petruso and I live in the United States. I am looking for information about my great grandparents in order to get dual citizenship with Italy.

      I would appreciate if you could send me the birth records of my great grandmother and great grandfather.

      The name of my great grandfather was Francesco Petruso. He was born November 21,1879 in Borgetto, in the province of Palermo. The name of his father was Domenick Petruso. The name of his mother was Madeline Vicagari. Francesco immigrated to the United States in 1903.

      The name of my great grandmother was Marianna (or Maria) Frisina. She was born May 8, 1890. She immigrated to the United States in 1906.

      If possible, could you send me their birth records on legal paper? Please let me know through email or mail of any payment I owe. If you are unable to find this information, please send a reply in the negative.

      I have included four international reply certificates. Thank you so much for your assistance.

      Sincerely,

      Stephanie L. Petruso

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "kobie2726" <kobie2726@...> wrote:

      > I need to request a copy of my grandfather's birth record from Itri for use in obtaining my Italian citizenship jure sanguinis (through ancestry). All of the Italian language form letters that I have found on the web are written for genealogical purposes, not legal. I am looking for the proper Italian phrasing so that I get the legally accepted certified version of the birth record. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Tom Capotosto

    • PAUL SHAPCOTT
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 2009
        I may be able to help.  I actually live in Itri

        Louise

        I need to request a copy of my grandfather' s birth record from Itri for use in obtaining my Italian citizenship jure sanguinis (through ancestry). All of the Italian language form letters that I have found on the web are written for genealogical purposes, not legal. I am looking for the proper Italian phrasing so that I get the legally accepted certified version of the birth record. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks,
        Tom Capotosto

      • Jason Soscia
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2009
          I wrote to Itri to get some birth records a few years ago.  They were very accommodating.
          They stamped the official seal on them without even my asking.