Re: The Sinapi Family ~ Maria Loreta

  • jimserac
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 13, 2008
      My father was Vincenzo Pannozzo (1885-1973)
      of Fondi, Italy. His father was
      Salvatore Pannozzo, born about 1844
      and his mother was Raphaela Filomena Carrocia.

      The family was in Campodimele around 1800
      and later moved to Fondi.

      Also among my father's ancestors
      is the name Sepe of which there
      are many in Cranston, Rhode Island
      were I grew up.

      The spelling of my father's name
      was changed from Pannozzo to Pannozzi
      sometime around 1908 after he
      came through Ellis Island.

      James Pannozzi
      Sarasota, Florida

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Linda Peloquin <miyukichan0987@...>
      wrote:

      > The Maria Loreta I listed was a SINAPI by birth so that's her
      maiden. She was the wife of Benedetto FORNARO.

      > Their marriage happened before the cutoff year of 1809. Their son
      Francesc'antonio FORNARO, my line, was born abt. 1798 calculated from
      his marriage act age.

      > I've been trying to locate a birth act for Francesc'antonio via the
      processetti but with the Vault Alert on them I don't even know if they
      are still at the Warwick, RI FHC where I go & had them on indefinite
      loan since I've not had any time in the past few months that I could
      devote to going down there.

      > I'm also still searching the films for the death acts of Maria
      Loreta SINAPI hoping that she died after 1809 so I can learn who her
      parents were and possibly find them on the 1754 catasto.

      > I'm also looking for the death acts of her son Francesc'antonio
      FORNARO and his wife Maria Tomasina DE or DI LUCA so I can calculate
      their birth years a bit closer in the event I can't find them in a
      processetti.

      > So far on this group of individuals - Benedetto FORNARO, wife Maria
      Loreta SINAPI; their son Francesc'antonio FORNARO, his wife Maria
      Tomasina DE / DI LUCA; and Maira Tomasina's parents Erasmantonio DI
      LUCA and his wife Magnifica SOPRANO --

      > I have found -
      >
      > 1. Death act for Benedetto d. 19 Aug 1832 b. abt. 1752
      >
      > 2. Probable entry for Benedetto in the 1754 catasto was found son
      to Antonio FORNARO, which was his father's name per death act, and
      Tecla FARGIORGIO Unfortunately, his mother was given as Doredea
      FARGIORGIO in the death act and I've no way of proving if they are one
      in the same woman or which given name might be a mistake or if her
      name might have been a combination of the two names. Additionally,
      Benedetto's birth year figured from his age on the death act would be
      1752 but the Benedetto on the 1754 catasto has an age of 6 years which
      would put the birth year at 1748. Again, I've no way of determining
      if the age on the death act is inaccurate and they are one in the same
      Benedetto or if Benedetto of the catasto died and the name was
      recycled to a new son born after 1754 and the death act age is
      incorrect. Still looking for more records containing Benedetto or
      his parents to help figure it out.

      > 3. Death act for Erasmantonio DI LUCA d. 29 Aug 1825 b. abt. 1750
      haven't located him on the catasto. Erasmantonio's parents Giancinto
      DI LUCA and Anna CAPOBIANCO do not appear in the 1754 catasto so
      naturally, neither does he unless he is hidden somewhere in living
      with relatives.

      > 4. Death act for Magnifica SOPRANO, wife of Erasmantonio(above) d. 6
      Sept 1831 b. abt. 1755, parents Pasquale & Angela Rosa ASSANJANTE

      > 5. Marriage act for Francesc'antonio FORNARO to Maria Tomasina DE
      LUCA, 10 Feb 1823

      > See any more "cousins"? I'd be surprized if you didn't.
      >
      > Linda
      >
      > "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@...> wrote: We
      have several of those surnames intertwined in our family - DiCrocco -
      from Itri. Maria Capotosto b. 1817, m 3/13/1842 to Vincenzo Pannozzo -
      his father Domenico b. 1780 & mother Olimpia Antonucci. Also Maria C.
      Manzo b. 1795 m. 12/06/1819 Salvatore DiCrocco b.1802. And I have
      record of a Maria Loreta surname Zuena b, 5/30/1846 mother Lucia
      Sinape. father Domeniantonio Zuena, Maybe some links for you?

      Try it now.