Family Tree Software?

  • rickj100001
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
      I have been maintaining my project on several Microsoft Excel
      spreadsheets, which for now has been fine, but I realize that at some
      point (sooner rather than later) I will need to put all this info into
      some kind of software dedicated to this kind of project.

      Does anyone have any suggestions as to really good software products
      that support these genealogy projects? I am looking for the best
      possible product available.

      Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    • Jason S
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
        I use RootsMagic.  I also have Generations but don't use it anymore.  There are a lot of good ones out there.  Family Tree Maker is very popular as well.  You can check them out on the internet as to which is best for what.  Just google "genealogy" and "software" and that will get you going.

        rickj100001 <rickj100001@...> wrote:
        I have been maintaining my project on several Microsoft Excel
        spreadsheets, which for now has been fine, but I realize that at some
        point (sooner rather than later) I will need to put all this info into
        some kind of software dedicated to this kind of project.

        Does anyone have any suggestions as to really good software products
        that support these genealogy projects? I am looking for the best
        possible product available.

        Any advice is greatly appreciated.

        in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
        to find your fit.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
          I have been using Legacy Family Tree. The basic version is free. The basic version is quite comprehensive. Go to www.legacyfamilytree.com

          Greg Pezza

          See what's free at AOL.com.
        • Susan Schuetz
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
            I use The Master Genealogist (TMG). It's great for newbies and for experts and there are a lot of add-ons you can download.

            Susan (Florio) Schuetz
            MamiF@...

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 7, 2007
              I just want to say thanks to everyone for your recommendations on the software. I'm still not sure what I will use, but your advice is greatly appreciated.

              Rick

              Susan Schuetz <MamiF@...> wrote:
              I use The Master Genealogist (TMG). It's great for newbies and for experts and there are a lot of add-ons you can download.

              Susan (Florio) Schuetz
              MamiF@...

              I have been maintaining my project on several Microsoft Excel
              spreadsheets, which for now has been fine, but I realize that at some
              point (sooner rather than later) I will need to put all this info into
              some kind of software dedicated to this kind of project.

              Does anyone have any suggestions as to really good software products
              that support these genealogy projects? I am looking for the best
              possible product available.

              Any advice is greatly appreciated.

              Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.