Re: Itri - Marseilles Connection?

  • rickj100001
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 1, 2007
      So many great responses to this topic.

      All of your observations have been a great help to me personally
      (and hopefully to the group as a whole), and I want to say thanks. I
      feel that I know a lot more today than I did even a few days ago.

      More than anything though, Domenic's quote from his mother
      that "this is your family now" probably holds more poignency than
      anything else I've seen. These families were strong in a way that
      I'm still trying to comprehend.

      Rick

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "Domenic Livoli" <dlivoli@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello,
      >

      > I asked my mother last night and she also did say that the Itrani
      people
      > went to Marseilles to work the coal mines. They also went to
      Germany and