Info for about 1865 to Early 1900s

  • rickj100001
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2007
      I have read that the record-keeping that resulted in many of the
      documents that were produced between 1806 and 1865 were the result of
      an order from Napolean. Apparently, this record-keeping was abandoned
      in Northern Italy after Napolean's defeat in 1815, but for some reason
      was continued in the South until 1865. I'm not sure why it was
      abandoned in the South at that particular time.

      I seem to have a big black hole between about 1865 and the early
      1900s, but it seems that some of you have gotten good info for that
      period, and I am wondering what the source(s) of that info is. Does
      the LDS microfilm contain info from that period? Or some other sources?

      Rick
    • Jason S

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2007
          Thanks Jason.

          The Western Europe vital records CD for Itri does not contain
          birth/christening records at all, at least on the CD that I
          received. But I ordered the Itri birth records microfilm for 1855-
          1865 from my local LDSFHC, so my strategy will be to first link the
          births on those microfilm records to parents that I already have on
          my chart, and second to connect those children to my comtemporary
          knowledge of the family and possibly to death or other records
          available in the USA.

          That should go a considerable way to completing the Itri/USA
          connection, but I realize that it will take more microfilm research
          to establish a complete record, including those that did not
          immigrate to the USA.

          Again, any further guidance is completely welcomed and appreciated.

          Rick