Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Just joined the group!

    Message 1 of 26 , May 15, 2007
      Gregory....

      In the process of looking/rereading the group for a specific message, I've just noticed that your friend Leo's father is from Formia -- that would be where my uncle 'Tony' Petrone came from.  Upon arriveing in America, he first in upstate NY (Redhook) then later moved to the Queens, New York area where the family remained till he passed away.  His wife's maiden name was 'Jennie' Ciccone - they had four daughters and 2 sons.

      Jennie Ciccone and my grandmother, Elvira Ciccone (both also from Formia) were sisters.

      I'm wondering if Leo's father (Antonio Petrone) and my uncle (Anthony Petrone) could be cousins.  Also, it's VERY possible that either or, or both the Danbury, CT & Brooklyn, NY Ciccones are connected to my Queens, NY relatives....I was born in Brooklyn and we often spent summers at a lake just 20 minutes from Danbury, CT.

      Any info will be greatly appreciated.

      Many Thanks,
      Renata Pezzella Young