Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Catasto Itri 1806

    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
      Jason....

      If it's not too late please include me in the group willing to share the cost of the 1806 catasto copied from the Napoli Archives.

      I've hit a wall and so am hoping to find information on both my maternal and paternal grandparents, as well as respective relatives.

      Your consideration will be greatly appreciated.

      With thanks,
      Renata

        "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@.... com> wrote:
        Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
        do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
        course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
        also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
        near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
        considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
        at my mostly spanish accent!
        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

        > Ciao tutti
        >
        > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
        > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
        > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
        > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
        the
        > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
        >
        > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
        > 1806.
        >
        > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
        >
        > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
        > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
        > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
        > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
        > bunch of people to split the cost again.
        >
        > Jason

        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

        Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
          Hello Jason,

          I'm grateful and delighted to be allowed to share the cost of the catasto taken from the Napoli Archives.

          Please let me know when you would like the check (both my address and telephone number are inscribed), and the address to send the check to.

          Having never known my paternal grandparents, aunts  and cousins, yet having found just a small amount of names from my dad's papers, I'm hopeful that the catasto will provide additional info to continue my search, particularly since both grandmothers came from Formia (small town on the Bay of Naples) and I believe my dad was born in Naples (his father was a naval officer).   Though all are now gone my dream is to one day visit Italy, and meet my cousins.

          In any event, having the document can't hurt and quite possible help, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

          I'll look forward to hearing from you.

          A BIG thanks!
          Renata
          Palm Springs, CA (originally from the New York area)

          See what's free at AOL.com.
        • Stephen Ruggieri
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007

            Hey guys,

            I’m also willing to chip in  as well for the documents. I travel to Italy about twice a year and reconnected with all my cousins in Itri. This will be great !

            Peace, Light &* Happiness,

            Stephen Ruggieri

            Reiki Healer

            "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@...> wrote:

            Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
            do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
            course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
            also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
            near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
            considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
            at my mostly spanish accent!
            --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@...> wrote:

            > Ciao tutti
            >
            > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
            > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
            > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
            > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
            the
            > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
            >
            > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
            > 1806.
            >
            > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
            >
            > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
            > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
            > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
            > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
            > bunch of people to split the cost again.
            >
            > Jason

            8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

            Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

          • Jason S