RE: [FraDiavolo] Re:Catasto Itri 1806

  • Joseph Fidaleo
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 2, 2007
      Sounds great. count me in.
      Joe

      To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      From: vince_sandrone@...
      Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:32:02 +1000
      Subject: [FraDiavolo] Re:Catasto Itri 1806

      Jason
      Definitely count me in. The earlier Catasto was
      excellent and the 1809 one would provide a good link
      back from the FHC microfilm that start about that
      time.

      Though photocopies are better than transcription. I
      suspect that the earlier transcription had mistakes in
      it and it frustrating to not be able to check the
      original.

      Combined the members of this group probably have the
      best knowledge of genealogical records for Itri than
      anyone else. I suggest that we make digital copies (I
      could scan them) and ask people to transcribe a number
      of pages - then get others to check the
      transcriptions. That way we could produce an accurate
      transcription for every-one - it does not make sense
      for each of us to transcribe them independently.

      Vince Sandrone

      Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger .yahoo.com

      Live Search Maps – find all the local information you need, right when you need it. Find it!
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 5, 2007
        Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
        do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
        course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
        also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
        near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
        considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
        at my mostly spanish accent!
        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@...> wrote:

        > Ciao tutti
        >
        > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
        > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
        > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
        > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
        the
        > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
        >
        > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
        > 1806.
        >
        > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
        >
        > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
        > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
        > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
        > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
        > bunch of people to split the cost again.
        >
        > Jason

      • Jason S
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
          Still waiting for the CD of the catasto to arrive.  Should be a few more days.  I'll send another email to let everyone know where to send the check.  Don't worry about that yet.  Congratulations you are learning Italian on your own, that is great!  Ciao, a presto...

          "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@...> wrote:
          Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
          do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
          course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
          also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
          near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
          considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
          at my mostly spanish accent!
          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

          > Ciao tutti
          >
          > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
          > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
          > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
          > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
          the
          > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
          >
          > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
          > 1806.
          >
          > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
          >
          > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
          > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
          > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
          > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
          > bunch of people to split the cost again.
          >
          > Jason

          8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
            Jason....

            If it's not too late please include me in the group willing to share the cost of the 1806 catasto copied from the Napoli Archives.

            I've hit a wall and so am hoping to find information on both my maternal and paternal grandparents, as well as respective relatives.

            Your consideration will be greatly appreciated.

            With thanks,
            Renata

              "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@.... com> wrote:
              Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
              do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
              course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
              also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
              near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
              considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
              at my mostly spanish accent!
              --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

              > Ciao tutti
              >
              > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
              > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
              > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
              > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
              the
              > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
              >
              > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
              > 1806.
              >
              > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
              >
              > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
              > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
              > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
              > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
              > bunch of people to split the cost again.
              >
              > Jason

              8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

              Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
                Hello Jason,

                I'm grateful and delighted to be allowed to share the cost of the catasto taken from the Napoli Archives.

                Please let me know when you would like the check (both my address and telephone number are inscribed), and the address to send the check to.

                Having never known my paternal grandparents, aunts  and cousins, yet having found just a small amount of names from my dad's papers, I'm hopeful that the catasto will provide additional info to continue my search, particularly since both grandmothers came from Formia (small town on the Bay of Naples) and I believe my dad was born in Naples (his father was a naval officer).   Though all are now gone my dream is to one day visit Italy, and meet my cousins.

                In any event, having the document can't hurt and quite possible help, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

                I'll look forward to hearing from you.

                A BIG thanks!
                Renata
                Palm Springs, CA (originally from the New York area)

                See what's free at AOL.com.
              • Stephen Ruggieri
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007

                  Hey guys,

                  I’m also willing to chip in  as well for the documents. I travel to Italy about twice a year and reconnected with all my cousins in Itri. This will be great !

                  Peace, Light &* Happiness,

                  Stephen Ruggieri

                  Reiki Healer