Map of Itri

  • vince_sandrone
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30 7:52 PM
      Google maps has good map and satellite photos of Itri. Use the map
      view to display street names or search for the street names.

      Check them out - it does not need a download like google earth.

      http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=itri,italy&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=41.292125,13.527603&spn=0.012898,0.043259&om=1

      Google keep changing the setup - so if it does not work then search
      for Itri ion http://maps.google.com/

      Vince Sandrone
    • Jason S
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30 10:14 PM
        Hi Vince,

        Thanks for the email.  You make person number nine for the 1806 catasto.  So, the cost for each would now be:

        $370 USD divided by 9 =  $41.11 or abou $41 we'll say.  Getting cheaper -- anyone else want in?

        Just to update, they don't do photocopies anymore.  It's put on a CD.  But I like the idea of each of us transcribing some of the catasto and trading our results.  It will be in the original form, which is good because it is exactly as it is written, although it may be difficult to read.  But for the price I think it would be worth it anyway, right?

        If worse comes to worse, I could always hire that other researcher to transcribe it for us for around 1200 again he said.  But he is hard to get a hold of lately.

        Regarding the map, I found Itri on google maps and thought it was cool to see the castle when you zoom in.

        Jason

        vince_sandrone <vince_sandrone@...> wrote:
        Google maps has good map and satellite photos of Itri. Use the map
        view to display street names or search for the street names.

        Check them out - it does not need a download like google earth.

        http://maps. google.com/ maps?f=q& hl=en&q=itri, italy&layer= &ie=UTF8& z=15&ll=41. 292125,13. 527603&spn= 0.012898, 0.043259& om=1

        Google keep changing the setup - so if it does not work then search
        for Itri ion http://maps. google.com/

        Vince Sandrone

        Get your own web address.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31 3:11 PM
          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "vince_sandrone"
          <vince_sandrone@...> wrote:

          > Google maps has good map and satellite photos of Itri. Use the map
          > view to display street names or search for the street names.
          >
          > Check them out - it does not need a download like google earth.
          >
          > http://maps.google.com/maps?
          f=q&hl=en&q=itri,italy&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=41.292125,13.527603&spn=
          0.012898,0.043259&om=1

          > Google keep changing the setup - so if it does not work then search
          > for Itri ion http://maps.google.com/
          >
          > Vince Sandrone

          I always get a charge out of looking at the castle - my husband Val
          keeps us all laughing about all the escapades he went on as a young
          boy climbing in the tower and running all over the area! What a lark
          for young boys to reallt play in a real castle!
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31 3:20 PM
            If you see Via Campoli, it forks into two streets - the third street
            in middle actually is going up to top of that mountain and deadends
            at our family's olive farm land - we sit on my brother in law's
            balconia and watch the tankers out in the harbor!